How do I upgrade to the latest .340? THat is the latest correct?
    Where do I download from? I have some little issues that I hope new software will fix....
    08-20-11 06:17 PM
    Download the .340 OS from the leak link here on the forum. Install the update to your PC. Start Desktop Manager and connect your BB. DM will recognize the updatevand prompt you through the update process.
    08-20-11 06:30 PM
    Download the .340 OS from the leak link here on the forum. Install the update to your PC. Start Desktop Manager and connect your BB. DM will recognize the updatevand prompt you through the update process.
    Great! I just wanted to make sure it was simple.
    Im downloading now...
    08-20-11 06:32 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty straight forward. After the installer wiped the old OS it failed to reconnect and I got a message to disconnect and then reconnect the BB. That worked fine and it connected and installed the new OS. It reboots a couple times during the upgrade process so be aware of that. Reboot after new OS install took awhile as did the restoring of your data. It's a good update and well worth it!
    08-20-11 06:40 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty straight forward. After the installer wiped the old OS it failed to reconnect and I got a message to disconnect and then reconnect the BB. That worked fine and it connected and installed the new OS. It reboots a couple times during the upgrade process so be aware of that. Reboot after new OS install took awhile as did the restoring of your data. It's a good update and well worth it!
    Im currently in the process
    Ill let ya know how it goes!
    08-20-11 07:20 PM
    Update went great! Browser seems to be much better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    chasvs likes this.
    08-20-11 08:10 PM
    what about removal of the vendor xml file first?
    08-21-11 02:08 PM
    what does that mean?
    I didnt do it?
    08-21-11 02:39 PM
    I thought if you installed through the DM, it would take care of that ? I'm wondering too though.
    08-21-11 03:02 PM
    You only have to delete the Vendor.xml file when installing an OS from a different provider than yours. It's not necessary with beta/leaked firmware either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 03:05 PM
    I rarely used the desktop manager app to install an OS and have used BBSAK in th past and recalled you always were best off doing that for good measure. Nice to know .340 is a Verizon OS (or isn't it) that would be the only reason I would delete the xml file.
    08-21-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD