I just got my new Bold 9900 today but I was wondering how do I actually go about updating the OS on it?

I'm on Vodafone in England if that's any help!

Cheers for any help.
    11-30-11 06:16 AM
    First download the latest official OS, which is posted at the top, its the 540 Turkcell OS then

go here: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ocedure-53359/

Follow the instructions and you will be good to go..ive always done my OS updates via the method listed in the link above and ive never ever had a problem doing so.
    11-30-11 06:22 AM
    As OP is on Vodafone UK and this is first try at an update would be better to download .540 from the Vodafone UK site as would not have to worry about finding and deleting vendor files.
    11-30-11 06:42 AM
    So how do I actually go about it?

Sorry to be a pain but a step by step guide would be really helpful! Especially since I can't find the .540 upgrade on the UK Vodafone site anywhere...
    11-30-11 06:50 AM
    The link in my signature gives a really good step-by-step

You can download 540 here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...34A229827A4E93
    11-30-11 07:11 AM
    So how do I actually go about it?

Sorry to be a pain but a step by step guide would be really helpful! Especially since I can't find the .540 upgrade on the UK Vodafone site anywhere...
    That is so odd. I downloaded my .540 from the Vodafone UK site but now it is back to only showing .296
    11-30-11 07:16 AM
    That is so odd. I downloaded my .540 from the Vodafone UK site but now it is back to only showing .296
    You downloaded 540 from the website, did you install on your PC yet? Did you load on to your Bold? Don't use desktop manager, use apploader. See the link below
    11-30-11 07:30 AM
    You downloaded 540 from the website, did you install on your PC yet? Did you load on to your Bold? Don't use desktop manager, use apploader. See the link below
    Installed nearly 2 weeks ago using DM. Installation went fine and no problems since.
    11-30-11 07:32 AM
    Installed nearly 2 weeks ago using DM. Installation went fine and no problems since.
    so what's the problem?
    11-30-11 07:33 AM
    so what's the problem?
    I don't have one, am not the OP. Initially sugested that he or she download .540 from Voda as Voda user doing first update and would make life easier for 1st time upgrade as no vendor files to delete.

Was just expressing my suprise when it seems that Voda have downgraded their latest approved OS back to .296 when 2 weeks ago they were offering .540.
    11-30-11 07:45 AM
    I don't have one, am not the OP. Initially sugested that he or she download .540 from Voda as Voda user doing first update and would make life easier for 1st time upgrade as no vendor files to delete.

Was just expressing my suprise when it seems that Voda have downgraded their latest approved OS back to .296 when 2 weeks ago they were offering .540.
    Oh, ok I got you confused with the OP. Voda may have pulled 540. I checked a couple of other places to see if I could find it; no luck.

OP - just grab the Turkcell 540, install it to your PC, search all files and folders for vendor.xml and remove both. Then fire up DM or apploader. I found it as a zip file and can host it for you to install. The source really doesn't matter 540 is 540 is 540.
    11-30-11 08:01 AM
    Me too.

One day I just plugged the phone into DM and it was there waiting for me!
    11-30-11 09:10 AM
    Me too.

So why is it no longer available to download from Vodafone UK ?

They have gone back to only offering .296 to download !!!
    11-30-11 09:13 AM
    Me too.

DM is great when you're new and only installing updates form your carrier. When you want to install leaks or other' carrier's updates, and really want to cut to the chase, apploader is the way to go.

Why launch DM only to have it launch apploader anyway??
    11-30-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD