sup y'all.

curious if anyone knows ways to speed up tethering on the 9900 past the 8mbps I'm getting via SpeedTest(.)net. cause i wanna cancel my home internet and just live off of my awesome bb, but i need slightly faster speeds than that.

thanx!

Summer is Two Days Away!!!!!
    06-18-12 04:22 PM
    well firstly make sure you have no other apps or services running on the device while tethering, put the device in the best place in your house were you get most bars on your connection over 3G, - I also recomend a cell booster from ebay i got one for 99P!! you just stick it under your battery (its a sticker) and it will give you 2-3 bars more than usual on your connection (well it did for me). im not sure if this will increase your speed over 8mbps however your connection will be more stable, also check with your carrier to see how fast your connection is over 3G. hope his helps :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MaxPayne79 likes this.
    06-18-12 05:11 PM
    i took a picture of the signal booster for you, if you pic one up make sure when you stick it in the phone that it runns parallel to your sim card and points towards your antena, as you can see the its under my sim with the sticker top towards the antena (antena is at the bottom of the BB9900)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MaxPayne79 likes this.
    06-18-12 05:29 PM
    thanx buddy. much appreciated.
    06-19-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD