I installed a new OS on my 9900 and I accidently enterd my old 9780 BB ID and now I can change it

How can I sign out to login again?
    08-23-11 06:31 PM
    Options>Device> BlackBerry ID
    08-23-11 06:35 PM
    I saw that, but you cant sign out

I tried just entering my new account info but it always says username taken

lemme try again
    08-23-11 06:38 PM
    When I simply changed the email, it says

"The email address you have entered is already in use. Please provide a new email address to continue"

I hope I don't have to wipe my device again

sigh...

Edit, Battery pull did not help
    08-23-11 06:39 PM
    Wiping device now...this is BS that you can't even sign out
    08-23-11 06:41 PM
    For met the best tips. is Register BB ID via your Bold 9900 Browser and follow the step until it completes, then the next step is loggin on
    Options>Device> BlackBerry ID

That's it
    08-23-11 06:44 PM
    it's alright im installing 261 all over again

Thank you RIM for not providing such a basic function to be able to sign out
    08-23-11 06:46 PM
    Now that's awful!!

Stick this on the list of demands from RIM to change in future firmware versions!!!

Seems like it's an "always on" feature now. I could see the convenience of that by accessing appworld without having to log in all the time, but it's a rather big oversight by RIM not to allow ppl to sign out or log off!!
    I love the concept of always signed in, but what if someone like me entered his old addy by mistake, and he was a not an experienced user to the BB OS update world. How in the world would he think that he needs to wipe his device and start all over again. Over what? Over a sign in ID? that is SAD
    08-23-11 07:25 PM
    I hope so to. Maybe knows the secret behinds this inability to sign out of a BlackBerry ID

I also noticed, that if you insert any other SIM it asks you to sign in again or wipe the device, so a person couldn't put any other sim to use the phone briefly! It's either he signs in, or the device is wiped
    08-24-11 03:59 AM
    This is just not the big deal that OPit is trying to make it out to be. 99% sign in one time and move on!

If the 9900 is SO BAD, sell it and buy a iPhone!

What ever stop the complaining and DEMANDS to RIM! LOL!
    08-24-11 04:53 AM
    To remove your BlackBerry Identity, go to Menu > Options > Applications, then search “BlackBerry Identity" on Add-on apps.Click the BlackBerry Identity and choose Delete.

Reboot your device to remove your BlackBerry Identity perfectly, when handheld started, open BlackBerry AppWorld, you will be prompted to install again BlackBerry Identity, after BlackBerry Identity installed, you will be prompted to log in BlackBerry ID, you can log in with your old BlackBerry ID, or another BlackBerry ID.
    04-16-13 07:22 AM
    sorry, what os 7.1 that you telling.. ? cant sign out, backup first, then wipe
    04-16-13 07:51 AM
    To remove your BlackBerry Identity, go to Menu > Options > Applications, then search “BlackBerry Identity" on Add-on apps.Click the BlackBerry Identity and choose Delete.

Reboot your device to remove your BlackBerry Identity perfectly, when handheld started, open BlackBerry AppWorld, you will be prompted to install again BlackBerry Identity, after BlackBerry Identity installed, you will be prompted to log in BlackBerry ID, you can log in with your old BlackBerry ID, or another BlackBerry ID.
    I love you so much you T-O-T-A-L-L-Y saved my life.
    michael_gunawan likes this.
    05-05-13 06:46 PM

Where are you starting to get that MENU/options/applications? I don't see it.

Maybe it is OS dependent?
    05-05-13 10:59 PM
    Where are you starting to get that MENU/options/applications? I don't see it.

Maybe it is OS dependent?
    it'll help if you inform you device model and OS
    07-07-13 10:47 AM
    I saw that, but you cant sign out

I tried just entering my new account info but it always says username taken

lemme try again
    02-25-17 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD