Hi there.
    I downloaded the P'9981 theme, but I can't seem to set the theme. The only theme that is active is the stock BlackBerry theme.

How do I change themes? I have searched but to no avail.

Thanks.
    02-11-12 04:57 PM
    Hi there.
    I downloaded the P'9981 theme, but I can't seem to set the theme. The only theme that is active is the stock BlackBerry theme.

How do I change themes? I have searched but to no avail.

Thanks.
    RE download it an when it finishes , wait..untill it will ask you to choose the one between. After you have choosed the new one, reboot.

enjoy
    02-11-12 05:05 PM
    Hi there.

I re-downloaded the theme OTA and it said it would replace the existing one that I already had on my phone. I selected the option to continue with the download. After the download had finished, it told me to reboot the phone to complete the installation. I selected Reboot, but the theme was still the same when it rebooted. I have tried re-downloading it many times but to the same result. I also waited for about 5 minutes after the download had finished to see if any other window appeared except for the Reboot window. Two screenshots are supplied.

Thanks.
    02-11-12 07:33 PM
    Go to Options > Display > Screen Display and scroll all the way down. All of your downloaded themes should be there.

Not sure if you have already tried this and the theme just doesn't show up, but I thought I would post anyways

EDIT: Also, if you are on OS 7.1, and you tried downloading the OFFICIAL P'9981 theme it will NOT work. Try downloading one of the free P'9981 replica themes instead and it will work on any OS. Here is a great one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esigns-683766/
    Joel_Zimmerman likes this.
    02-11-12 09:51 PM
    That's the problem then. I'm currently using OS 7.1. Hopefully when the official OS 7.1 version comes out for the P'9981, the theme will be extracted from it too. I have also tried the replica theme but I cannot change the font size for my messages and some other applications. Also, I have created custom folders on my Homescreen to organise my files but they haven't been changed yet.

Thanks for the information though!
    02-12-12 04:26 AM
    Themes are OS specific. When downloading always check to see the theme works on your OS. If the theme is installed and working for the OS then and only then will it appear in the Display list in Options.
    02-12-12 07:40 AM
    That's the problem then. I'm currently using OS 7.1. Hopefully when the official OS 7.1 version comes out for the P'9981, the theme will be extracted from it too. I have also tried the replica theme but I cannot change the font size for my messages and some other applications. Also, I have created custom folders on my Homescreen to organise my files but they haven't been changed yet.

Thanks for the information though!
    Glad I could help. I'm waiting for an official release too, but using dc's theme to hold me over. It really is extremely well done.
    02-12-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD