Anyone know a way of saving texts, so the conversations can be re-read in the distant future? Is there a way to set up texting so that old conversations are not deleted in time?
    03-15-12 08:05 AM
    Go into your messages app > options > Message and Display Actions

From there, scroll to the bottom of the screen and change the "Days to Keep Messages" option to "Forever."

That should prevent your messages from being deleted over time.

JB
    03-15-12 08:29 AM
    Even if you mark "forever" they still delete after 30 days I believe. Take a screenshot of the text messages you want saved.
    03-15-12 09:37 AM
    Anyone know a way of saving texts, so the conversations can be re-read in the distant future? Is there a way to set up texting so that old conversations are not deleted in time?
    Make a backup of your phone data with DM. then the resulting .ipd file contains your texts. You will need a program to read the ipd files....used to be Amber BlackBerry Converter worked just great but I dunno if they sell it anymore.

I recall something about MagicBerry or Magic BlackBerry? is that right someone?
    03-15-12 10:58 AM
    I have mine set to "forever" and they don't delete after 30 days. I have texts as old as 6 months, when I first got the handset.

Not sure if this helps, but I do group my messages together by the recipiant. There is a setting for this but I don't know if it would make a diference in your case.
    03-15-12 11:18 AM
    Make a backup of your phone data with DM. then the resulting .ipd file contains your texts. You will need a program to read the ipd files....used to be Amber BlackBerry Converter worked just great but I dunno if they sell it anymore.

I recall something about MagicBerry or Magic BlackBerry? is that right someone?
    Oh yes... Jaydee is correct. It is MagicBerry, but I can not confirm if it works with OS 7. I've used it before on OS 5.
    03-15-12 11:19 AM
    You can link Google Voice to your phone. It has an option to save text messages.
    Supposedly works on any carrier.
    03-15-12 06:43 PM
    Creating a backup is the best way to keep your text messages, as previously suggested. Use the Blackberry Backup Extractor at blackberryconverter.com to retrieve SMS data from the saved backup and access the file on the computer. It can extract contacts, calendar, memos, etc. too! Works also with the new .bbb backup file format!
    03-19-12 12:36 PM
    Apps like TXTFwd and SMSBasket will send the texts to your email to back them up. I have used both and lately prefer SMSBasket.
    sulcopete likes this.
    03-19-12 09:32 PM
    Yes I love SMSBasket...fixmo tools works too.
    sulcopete likes this.
    03-19-12 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD