Hi,

I have the new BB Bold 9900 Touch. It's awesome but I want to rename an email icon so I can easily see my Yahoo Mail and my work Mail. The icons are already separated but I cannot rename them. One says "Desktop" and I'd like to rename it with my work company name.

Verizon could not help me. The manual found on Blackberry.com is incorrect.

Has anyone been able to figure this out? Thanks!

11-28-11 05:09 PM
    Hi,

I have the new BB Bold 9900 Touch. It's awesome but I want to rename an email icon so I can easily see my Yahoo Mail and my work Mail. The icons are already separated but I cannot rename them. One says "Desktop" and I'd like to rename it with my work company name.

Verizon could not help me. The manual found on Blackberry.com is incorrect.

Has anyone been able to figure this out? Thanks!

If you have a BIS email acct. whether or not your personal andwork email are on it you can just log into your BIS acct and remane it anything you want from each email. If you only have a personal email and BIS then you can log in and rename that one at least.

Mine just say's Jan's Personal email which I did from my BIS acct and I have a 9930.
    11-28-11 05:26 PM
    You can't rename the BES "Desktop" icon.
    11-28-11 05:52 PM
    I don't know what that is, Jaguarr. Do you have a link to BIS account? Because SwitchBeach says you can't rename them anymore. I think on the older ones you could...
    11-28-11 06:13 PM
    I don't know what that is, Jaguarr. Do you have a link to BIS account? Because SwitchBeach says you can't rename them anymore. I think on the older ones you could...
    He is correct that you cannot rename a BES acct and that is why I asked you if you have both your work email and personal under a personal BIS plan? Some people use an email for home and one for work but do it through BIS which can be renamed. The web address for VZWs BIS site is:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

I think you said you had VZW right?
    If so you can at least remane your personal one there. Username is usually your phone number and password you chose.

Let me know if this helps you.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 11-28-11 at 06:30 PM.
    11-28-11 06:28 PM
    I don't need to rename the personal Yahoo mail. I want to rename the one that says "Desktop" or at least change the look of the icon.
    11-28-11 06:38 PM
    I don't need to rename the personal Yahoo mail. I want to rename the one that says "Desktop" or at least change the look of the icon.
    If it is indeed a BES acct. meaning that it came from your companies IT dept. then you will have to check with your IT director responsible for it and he might have the ability to change the name but you cannot.

The only other thing you CAN do is create a folder and name it anything you want and then move that Desktop icon into it. You will not be able to see the red star showing you received an emial but you can set it up with a spacial maybe VIB/RING combo or just a rintone that you can tell what it is and do it that way. Place the folder right next to the other email icon.
    11-28-11 07:01 PM
    Thanks, Jag, that makes sense. However, my IT guy is pretty inept when it comes to BB devices! It's not a huge deal, it just would be better organized for me. I'm sure I'll adapt to the way it is. Thanks for the help!
    11-28-11 07:09 PM
    Thanks, Jag, that makes sense. However, my IT guy is pretty inept when it comes to BB devices! It's not a huge deal, it just would be better organized for me. I'm sure I'll adapt to the way it is. Thanks for the help!
    No problem, Glad I was able to give you some ideas, I like the folder option myself. Good luck.
    11-28-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD