Hey crackberry folks,

Recently I learned that an old friend of mine took his own life. His family is currently fighting his phone company over their rights to keep his blackberry phone (something to do with contract crap, I don't know)

They want to save all the pictures and sms messages off his phone. I'm an idrone4 owner so I don;t have a clue how to help them.

PLEASE Help me out.

Rob
    03-03-12 11:53 PM
    Back it all up on DM, get a new berry, do a device swap. Try to be positive. Suicide is the sincerest form of self-criticism.
    03-04-12 12:51 AM
    What an insensitive phone company to not just outright give the family the damn phone. My aunt died from cancer, I called the company to cancel the contract and they did it without charging me the cancellation fee due to the 'circumstances' of a death. They didn't ask for the phone back either.

But like palomartian said, install Desktop Manager, backup the phone (emails, SMS, calendar entries, apps). Remove the microSD card if there is, most likely pictures are stored on there. You could also use DM to access the harddrive on the phone to copy out all the media stored on it. Buy a secondhand berry and load it back on it.

Good luck with all that. I'm really sorry for your loss.
    03-04-12 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD