Is there a way to remove the digital operator logo that comes out when I turn on my BB9900?
    08-20-12 07:55 PM
    Not possible. Just ignore it.
    08-20-12 08:13 PM
    the splash screen as its known in the industry is part of the phones branding, more specifically, part of the VSM file in the phones firmware. older blackberry models (pre Bold 9000), you were able to re-write this file effectively unbranding or rebranding the phone. however, this is no longer able to be done. as stated by SwitchBeach, your only option is to ignore it.
    08-21-12 12:03 AM
    Bummer... Thanks for the heads up guys
    08-21-12 03:12 AM
    Besides, it's illegal for us to discuss this on these forums.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-12 06:08 AM
    Besides, it's illegal for us to discuss this on these forums.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    no, its only illegal when people start asking for links to download the software and how to use it and stuff, as warez and unapproved software are not welcome here. discussing unbranding for the most part isnt. there used to be long write ups on how to do it back in 2008/2009. there no problem with letting newcomers know why they cant do it, so long as the precise process and software isnt provided. besides, no one could do it anyways even if it was explained in detail.
    OniBerry and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-21-12 12:33 PM
    Is there a way to remove the digital operator logo that comes out when I turn on my BB9900?
    Yes.
    Is it worth it?
    No.

You will waste months, after sacrificing many reverts from snapshots in virtual machines when downloading software from sites infected with viruses and in the end you may even brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing.

This is the question i asked myself after i debranded my phone. Why did i spend all this time? For what?
    08-21-12 12:53 PM

This is the question i asked myself after i debranded my phone. Why did i spend all this time? For what?

The forbidden fruit,maybe?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-21-12 01:08 PM
    I realize you already have purchased it but you could always have bought an unbranded one e.g. from Bell.
    08-21-12 01:46 PM
    Yes.
    Is it worth it?
    No.

You will waste months, after sacrificing many reverts from snapshots in virtual machines when downloading software from sites infected with viruses and in the end you may even brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing.

debranding a Bold 9000 took all but 15 mins back in the day with a quickly sourced VSM file and the software was readily available. cant be done on newer phones though so its infact pointless now.
    08-21-12 01:51 PM
    I guess I misunderstood that part. At least some sense was used in the newer posts by long time members and knowledgeable folks. If there was a key combo to hide the banner or make it a screen saver, I would be all over it each day, in fact, an "all carrier" logo swapping screen saver app would be splendid, if one were to be made.

Edit: bouncing carrier logos would be a plus. I know that 20 in one screensavers app thing would be a fantastic subject for it.

no, its only illegal when people start asking for links to download the software and how to use it and stuff, as warez and unapproved software are not welcome here. discussing unbranding for the most part isnt. there used to be long write ups on how to do it back in 2008/2009. there no problem with letting newcomers know why they cant do it, so long as the precise process and software isnt provided. besides, no one could do it anyways even if it was explained in detail.
    08-21-12 02:19 PM
    you can try to change vendor iD.
    and you can change vendor logo.
    08-22-12 11:00 AM
    For some reason Virgin Uk supplied me with an unlocked and unbranded 9900. Did the same with my 9780 over a year ago. Nice of them. And yes a contract phone.
    08-22-12 11:15 AM
    The few I bought from Bell were unbranded as well.

I think the last branded BB I had was my old trusty 8330.
    08-22-12 01:39 PM
    For the few seconds you see it is it worth it?
    08-22-12 02:02 PM
    you can try to change vendor iD.
    and you can change vendor logo.
    obviously, you didnt read my posts. changing the vendor ID involves changing the VSM, which cant be done.
    08-22-12 02:23 PM
    Close your eyes and count to 5... surprise! It's gone.
    CallMeNop likes this.
    08-22-12 02:54 PM
    Very amusing posts

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of places where I'm sure to get an unbranded Blackberry here in Manila.. I tried getting from my carrier and other usual sources but they all don't have stocks right now so it's either wait for a couple of months (they can't confirm with this as well).. Or get from online / cell shops which is a hit a miss thing but most often have only branded phones from overseas.. Well had no choice but to settle for one with digital brand and just wondered if there is a way to get rid of it..

Thanks for all that replied, appreciate your inputs..
    08-23-12 10:22 PM
    how to do it
    11-27-12 01:09 AM
    What did they actually change to prevent this being done?

I've been using smartphones and PDAs since before they were even words, and it's pretty rare to come across a device that can't have the service provider or manufacturer branding removed outright...

Yes some are/have been harder to de-brand than others, but a smartphone or PDA that can't be de-branded at all? That's rare.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 9320, using Tapatalk.
    11-27-12 01:34 AM
    What did they actually change to prevent this being done?I've been using smartphones and PDAs since before they were even words, and it's pretty rare to come across a device that can't have the service provider or manufacturer branding removed outright...Yes some are/have been harder to de-brand than others, but a smartphone or PDA that can't be de-branded at all? That's rare.Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 9320, using Tapatalk.
    how to do it
    No, you cannot remove it. It's illegal to be discussed on here if you get software involved. It's best to ignore the logo and continue to use your blackberry, appreicate what you got and don't take it for granted.
    11-27-12 11:29 AM
    It's illegal to be discussed on here if you get software involved.
    It's not illegal Brian... just not allowed under the Forum Rules.
    decypher44 likes this.
    11-27-12 12:27 PM
    I bought an unbrandet 9900 from a big retail chain however it still has a Vodafone germany logo when I boot it up. Yet I think it is not worth to change it. Seriously: when do you see it? I restart my device maybe once a week and it gets displayed for a matter of seconds. I don't think changing it would give me any benefits, unless it is an easy file-swap which can be done in a minute.
    11-28-12 03:11 AM
    nothing is impossible.

but is the effort worth the reward?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-28-12 03:16 AM
    My Blackberry classic was on BT contract (now EE as a carrier). It never had a carrier logo. When the contract expired, I switched to a Vodafone SIM card - now it displays the Vodafone logo when it powers down. It is merely an irritation - as the phone never had the big red logo on it for the 12 months I had it with British Telecom - then I put a Vodafone SIM card in there, and they force their stupid red logo on me when I switch off. No problem as I can look away if I was that petty or perturbed, but it is just an irritation.
    09-17-15 05:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD