Just curious how many music lovers have their whole collection on their 9900/9930's .. And how many songs.
    I just bought a 16GB media card and filled it up!
    The 9900 handles my collection nicely on a class 4 microSD no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 07:02 AM
    09-27-11 07:10 AM
    My 9800 has a 32 gig card and just over 2300 songs. Lots of room to spare so far. A long commute every day is made better by hitting shuffle and listening to the music of my personal choice. Love it!!!
    09-27-11 07:24 AM
    Simple 0 I have a ipod, iphone 4 and ipad 3G. Im all setup for music, but I do listen to a lot of podcasts on my 9900. The music player a battery hogger...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 08:47 AM
    Just curious how many music lovers have their whole collection on their 9900/9930's .. And how many songs.
    I just bought a 16GB media card and filled it up!
    The 9900 handles my collection nicely on a class 4 microSD no problem.

I got a Sandisk MicroSDHC class 4 8GB at Costco on sale for $12.99 and have 866 songs on it (with 2.3GB remaining). I haven't used the internal media storage yet. I might save that to put the all the Beatles CD's on it (thier original 13 CD's, plus the past masters Vol. 1 & 2 and Beatles at the BBC and maybe? the better songs off the three anthology CD's) I should have enough GB's for that...hopefully
    09-27-11 08:59 AM
    2,892 and room to spare (32gb card).

09-27-11 09:08 AM
    I've got about 230 songs. I've only got a 2 GB in my 9930, which I've had since my 8830WE.

09-27-11 09:18 AM
    2891 songs with a 32g MSD card class 4. This is my only portable music device (same with any phone I've had). I see no reason to have a separate ipod. Music player works great! Much better than the player in OS5

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 09:29 AM
    0. 100% of my music listening on Pandora these days

09-27-11 09:31 AM
    16gb card I'm @ 2300 mp3s right now and still goin

09-27-11 09:34 AM
    700 or so on a nearly-full 16GB, but most of that is in flac.
    09-27-11 09:37 AM
    Holding 1554 songs on a 16gb card
    09-27-11 09:52 AM
    0. 100% of my music listening on Pandora these days

+1

I find that downloading music isn't worth my time anymore :P

Why, back in my day we had programs like Napster and Kazaa that made downloading fun!
    09-27-11 10:02 AM
    More then I would ever need
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    09-27-11 10:20 AM
    I have never really used any of my BB's for music. I have an iPad as well as an iPhone 4, so i am pretty well covered when it comes to music on-the-go... I have always wondered how BB's were when it came to music.. Is everyone pretty happy with the way there BB's handle music? Does it drain the battery quickly?
    Last edited by JR750; 09-27-11 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
    09-27-11 10:26 AM
    I have never really used any of my BB's for music. I have an iPad as well as an iPhone 4, so i am pretty well covered when it comes to music on-the-go... I have always wondered how BB where with music.. Is everyone pretty happy with the way there BB's handle music? Does it drain the battery quickly?
    Not at all, only if you stream it over bluetooth. Playing music doesn't even register as usage in app management.

Music on a BB is very good an clear and you have the use of the volume buttons to skip songs back or forth and a dedicated play/pause button even if the phone is locked, you have shortcuts N for next P for previous, space bar also play/pause, some BBs even have dedicated music buttons.

Any OS6 and OS7 can sync to itunes using wifi, no need for cables, as long as your computer and BB are on the same wifi network.

And not to mention BBM Music is awesome.
    tard44 and Kyle. like this.
    09-27-11 10:33 AM
    I have never really used any of my BB's for music. I have an iPad as well as an iPhone 4, so i am pretty well covered when it comes to music on-the-go... I have always wondered how BB's were when it came to music.. Is everyone pretty happy with the way there BB's handle music? Does it drain the battery quickly?

Not at all, only if you stream it over bluetooth. Playing music doesn't even register as usage in app management.

Music on a BB is very good an clear and you have the use of the volume buttons to skip songs back or forth and a dedicated play/pause button even if the phone is locked, you have shortcuts N for next P for previous, space bar also play/pause, some BBs even have dedicated music buttons.

Any OS6 and OS7 can sync to itunes using wifi, no need for cables, as long as your computer and BB are on the same wifi network.

And not to mention BBM Music is awesome.
    I would agree with belfastdispacher that the music experience is pretty well intigrated and low load on the 9900.
    The WiFi Music Sync although I couldn't find a "select all" via the Media player and had to download one at a time.
    With 2800+ songs this takes a while so instead I chose to sync in BB Desktop Manager.

Last edited by bermont; 09-27-11 at 10:59 AM.
    09-27-11 10:57 AM
    I use to have all of my music on my bb which is a little over 1000 songs. I'm just starting too collect all the songs again cause my pc crashed and I lost everything. Now I have an ipod touch (4th gen 32gb) that my gf bought for my bday last year.. And I love how itunes manages your music and backs it up to the icloud.. So naturally I took music off my bb and carry my ipod touch with me including my bb.. Honestly they make a great pair.. :-)

09-27-11 11:00 AM
    ...is that for real?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting you in any way, I'm just (happily) surprised that the battery usage for playing music is apparently negligible as that's the one worry I've always had w/ using a BB for that. I do have an iPod but it has so many one-off download finds, rarities, never-since-seen live tracks etc that I always worry I'll lose it if I take it out and about w/ me and then they'll be gone forever! I suppose one of these days I really should use my 'iPod Access For Windows' thing to back them up...
    But anyway, that's just great if the BB really can work as an mp3 player w/o losing battery... now where's my iPod and those Ramones bootlegs from 1978, I have copying to do....
    09-27-11 11:01 AM
    I would agree with belfastdispacher that the music experience is pretty well intigrated and low load on the 9900.
    The WiFi Music Sync although I couldn't find a "select all" via the Media player and had to download one at a time.
    With 2800+ songs this takes a while so instead I chose to sync in BB Desktop Manager.

You can download all by artist or at least album, I haven't used it in a while now that I use BBM Music but there definitely was a "download all" option, you had to press the menu button.
    09-27-11 11:07 AM
    You can download all by artist or at least album, I haven't used it in a while now that I use BBM Music but there definitely was a "download all" option, you had to press the menu button.
    Oh! .. I guess I did not dig deep enough .. I found WiFi faster than USB by far in bandwidth.. Was this your experience as well?

09-27-11 11:11 AM
    I have 499 songs, but I need to put more on it!
    09-27-11 11:16 AM
    Oh! .. I guess I did not dig deep enough .. I found WiFi faster than USB by far in bandwidth.. Was this your experience as well?

Yes, and I liked not being tied to the computer, I would get my music and daily podcasts while my kids were using my laptop in a different room.

But now BB Podcasts app works in UK and I use BBM Music, so I'm not actually using it anymore, but it was great while I needed it.
    09-27-11 11:17 AM
    More then I would ever need
    That is an impressive stack o' music my friend ... Very nice ..
    09-27-11 11:21 AM
    How do you do screen shots from your phone? I have 32GB worth of music on my 32GB micro SD card. I would like to have all my music and movies on an iPod touch, but APple hasn't released a 160GB model iPod Touch. So i dont want to keep carrying numerous devices and i love my BB so i got a 32GB card and use that. I am almost tempted to use the 6GB that is internally installed on the bB BOld 9900.
    09-27-11 11:31 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD