Since I'm not really happy with battery life on my 9900 (my old 9780 could last for 3,5 days... where my 9900 only has about 30% left after 24 hours)...
    * I'm only a light user, checking facebook/twitter every now and than, do a handfull of phonecalls and textmessages a day.

I'm wondering, how much of an impact do refresh rates have on battery life?
    I have put in the following refresh rates;
    BerryWeather/Facebook/Twitter - every hour
    (specially for fb/twitter I like to get these updates hourly if possible)
    ---------------------
    I used these refresh rates on my 9780 as well, and never had any issues with it.
    But since battery life on the 9900 seems so bad, I'm considering lowering the refresh rates to;
    BerryWeather - every 6 hours (and not between 23:00-6:00)
    Facebook/Twitter - manual

I hope changing these settings indeed increase my battery life...
    Last edited by Dx3me; 09-10-11 at 12:43 PM.
    09-10-11 12:17 PM
    When I had Facebook updating every hour on my 9860, If I didnt use my phone it would be dead in 10 hours. If I used it lightly, I would maybe get 6 hours out of it.... I was completely stumped as to why my battery was slow as a handicapped prostitute.

After telling Facebook to update only when I open it, which is the option "Update: Never", my battery life has greatly increased. I can now go 24 hours with moderate usage and be left with about 30-40% left.

Bottom line.... Facebook hates you.
    09-10-11 02:09 PM
    Why refresh facebook? I mean you get push notifications... Just launch the fb app and the feeds refreshes!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    yauchunh, dehrlich01 and mssca like this.
    09-10-11 02:15 PM
    Why refresh facebook? I mean you get push notifications... Just launch the fb app and the feeds refreshes!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    So, if someone post something on my wall or message me using FB even without auto refresh, I will get a message?
    yauchunh likes this.
    09-10-11 02:52 PM
    Ok, thanks for the help guys...
    Just installed Meterberry, as I want to find out where my device has its battery flaw.
    (hopefully it's not a faulty device, and that it's purely app-related)
    09-10-11 03:15 PM
    Ok, thanks for the help guys...
    Just installed Meterberry, as I want to find out where my device has its battery flaw.
    (hopefully it's not a faulty device, and that it's purely app-related)
    Beware as MeterBerry will also drain your battery. It runs in the background so it will leech from you.
    09-10-11 04:01 PM
    Actually, I deleted meterberry lastnight and so far battery seems to have improved - how ironic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 05:49 PM
    no it doesn't!
    Actually yeah it does, how else do you think it monitors your usage? Also I've heard from a bunch of different people that after they deleted MeterBerry they had a noticeable improvent in battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 07:20 PM
    So, if someone post something on my wall or message me using FB even without auto refresh, I will get a message?
    If you've enabled it within the settings of the actual Facebook app on your berry, then yes, you will receive notifications in your messages app.
    bonaproud likes this.
    09-10-11 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD