Wow you guys use a lot!!!

I BBM/WhatsApp very heavily, send and receive many emails, check Facebook and Twitter probably twice a day (browse a little), look up random things, read some news and receive/send quite a few picture messages through BBM/WhatsApp and I don't hit my limit of 50 MB a month. Crazy.

The more data you use the more you pay for your plan. So you'll have to consider the utility you'll get of constantly checking your Facebook vs the cost of that 500 MB and up plan.
    12-02-12 05:08 PM
    Go with the 500mb data package, then you'll never have to worry according to what your requirements are. That's what I have and I don't even come close to it, I normally average 150MB a month. I have wifi at home and at work which probably helps. I do for travel for work about 200 - 300 km a day, I'll use blackberry traffic or google maps, also check twitter, my email, browse CB also pull up the odd youtube video while waiting on the road.

When I first got my data plan a few years back my provider had given me Unlimited data plan for the first 2 months for the price of 500MB just so I could see my usage. Maybe something you could try to get out of your provider.
    I got 3 months unlimited to gauge my usage as well.
    12-02-12 05:10 PM
    You didn't say (or I missed) who your carrier is.

I just jumped (forced to!!) AT&T for my wife and I. Both on 9900. I bought the unlimited phone and text with just the 1GB shared for a start. The phones are doing "something" once an hour day and night at 1K per hit.

Anyway, between the two of us in two weeks we haven't cleared 100mb. It may go up when she figures out mobile FB. I just check FB and use Twitter, GasBuddy, Poynt and BB Traffic (occasionally).

So, with their mobile share and two phones, I am at $40 base (1GB data)+ $45/phone. If it goes crazy the next jump is to 4GB. The base goes up to $70, but the per phone drops to $40 each. For two phones that would only be a $20/month jump.
    12-03-12 06:25 AM
    You didn't say (or I missed) who your carrier is.

I just jumped (forced to!!) AT&T for my wife and I. Both on 9900. I bought the unlimited phone and text with just the 1GB shared for a start. The phones are doing "something" once an hour day and night at 1K per hit.

Anyway, between the two of us in two weeks we haven't cleared 100mb. It may go up when she figures out mobile FB. I just check FB and use Twitter, GasBuddy, Poynt and BB Traffic (occasionally).

So, with their mobile share and two phones, I am at $40 base (1GB data)+ $45/phone. If it goes crazy the next jump is to 4GB. The base goes up to $70, but the per phone drops to $40 each. For two phones that would only be a $20/month jump.

im with rogers and i have to say their data plans are really expensive thats why i was going to get something small like 200 mb of data. right now i have the unlimited social networking and bbm plan which is the cheepest plan at $48 per month

note: i am on a 3 year contract

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-03-12 08:47 AM
    I have the 300 MB plan through my AT&T provider. I'm around WiFi quite a bit. If social media, email and the occasional navigation via BB Traffic (Or other service), the smaller amount of 200-300 should be fine.
    12-03-12 09:25 AM
    I use a TON of data, but since I'm always on WiFi it's rarely even a full gb.
    Sounds like 200-300mb would be enough for the OP.
    12-03-12 10:40 AM
    I would agree. When I was on a plan with my one 9700, I had T-Mobile Unlimited but never used 200MB a month.
    12-03-12 11:01 AM
    I must admit that I was really surprised to see how little data my BB was using compared to the iPhone. On my BB 1 GB of data was more than enough and I'm a heavy user. On my iPhone I once reached my limit on 5 GB. To be fair, I reached the limit with two days left in that period, and it was jailbroken so I might have had an torrent-client installed but still. With your usage I would go with 500 MB - 1 GB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    500MB is enough for daily and simple use.
    But...
    Audio streaming like Pandora, spotify, etc
    Video streaming like youtube, etc,
    Require a 2GB + data plan.
    12-04-12 12:38 PM
33 12