It seems to me that they are several features that are carrier specific. Hotspot, accessories, etc., etc.. If a carrier such as Verizon truly wants RIM to fail, would it not make sense to not offer some of these features when they are offered on a Droid?

I wonder if RIM can control this? Verizon seems to be going out of their way to push androids.
    08-09-11 05:52 AM
    Why would any carrier want RIM to fail? Where did you get this from? Any carrier will push any phone they have available to sell. If they have BB's - great. If it's a Driod, great. If it's an iPhone - great. It's all about sales - the more sales, the more money. It has nothing to do with any carrier wanting RIM to fail - if RIM fails, it's their own damn fault.

You are free to buy your devices and accessories any place your want - you're not tied to the carrier to purchase from them.
    simsim likes this.
    08-09-11 06:33 AM
    Crapware comes on every carrier locked phone. The only exception to this is the Iphone and in this case, the lack of crapware is considered a positive. And the fact that the word "crapware" was even invented should tell you what most people think of these apps. So Verizon would probably be doing blackberry a favor by not installing its crapware. And just for effect, I will use the word crapware one more time, crapware.
    08-09-11 06:37 AM
    Crapware comes on every carrier locked phone. The only exception to this is the Iphone and in this case, the lack of crapware is considered a positive. And the fact that the word "crapware" was even invented should tell you what most people think of these apps. So Verizon would probably be doing blackberry a favor by not installing its crapware. And just for effect, I will use the word crapware one more time, crapware.
    Crapware is the word of the day.
    LuckyDad likes this.
    08-09-11 06:39 AM
    I do not think that the carriers dislike RIM phones, but they make more money with Android.

At AT&T both a smartphone plan or unlimited BIS personal account is like $30 a month. AT&T gets to keep ALL of the $30 if it is a smartphone plan but has to SHARE this same $30 with RIM to pay for the BIS.
    08-09-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD