I have AT&T and have an 8900 out of contract. Having a hard time giving it up but my new lifestyle in the city, on my own, using public transportation, new bank, has me in need and of course just wanting and Android phone with all the apps. Also big is google calendar. I plan on getting an android next month.

However, I know I want the 9900. This is the best blackberry and I LOVE the keyboard. I figure I could buy it in a year and have both. The insurance deductible for the 9900 and SG2 Android are $199 on AT&T plus the $7 monthly fee. So if I lose my phone in 6 months I'd have to pay $242 in a year I'd pay $284. I figure at that price I could buy one off Craigslist instead.

Anyone have any idea? Also I unlocked both of my phones through AT&T fo free. If I am buying an AT&T 9900 from someone will AT&T still unlock it for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-11 01:30 PM
    buying your BB thru craigslist has always been the best idea for me .. in that way, i have been carrying over my age old unlimited plan on my wife's account .. warranty remains the same ... device protection enabled etc etc ., and regarding the unlocking thingy, do not worry unless you are a less than 60 day old customer .. so piece of cake ..
    12-18-11 02:18 PM
    .. ., and regarding the unlocking thingy, do not worry unless you are a less than 60 day old customer .. so piece of cake ..
    You mean I am more than a 60 day old customer? Or the phone will have been out in more than 60 days?
    12-19-11 01:11 PM
    You mean I am more than a 60 day old customer? Or the phone will have been out in more than 60 days?
    i meant if YOU are a more than a 60 day old customer ..
    12-19-11 01:38 PM
    Frankly, you're expecting a very simple answer for a VERY complicated question. Making money via investing is based on this question. There are billions of dollars tied up in predicting future values! ...the car business has companies solely dedicating to predicting the future selling price of vehicles so that they can base leases on those values.

To even remotely answer that question, you'd have to be able to reliably predict BB's future product releases. ...that doesn't seem to be happening at this point. ...AND you'd have to take into account competing product releases.

Basically, the 9900 will probably retain it's value pretty well until a bunch of people flood the market selling their used phones for new BB 10 phones or maybe the iPhone 5 or such. The more 9900s on the market, the less in demand it is, then the cheaper it'll be. ...but, by that time, you might not even want the 9900.
    12-19-11 02:03 PM
    Frankly, you're expecting a very simple answer for a VERY complicated question. Making money via investing is based on this question. There are billions of dollars tied up in predicting future values! ...the car business has companies solely dedicating to predicting the future selling price of vehicles so that they can base leases on those values.

To even remotely answer that question, you'd have to be able to reliably predict BB's future product releases. ...that doesn't seem to be happening at this point. ...AND you'd have to take into account competing product releases.

Basically, the 9900 will probably retain it's value pretty well until a bunch of people flood the market selling their used phones for new BB 10 phones or maybe the iPhone 5 or such. The more 9900s on the market, the less in demand it is, then the cheaper it'll be. ...but, by that time, you might not even want the 9900.
    Whoa was definitely asking just what can my expectations be particularly on Craigs list and ability to unlock. I am positive that at BB 9900/9930 will be on line in a year for less than $300. However, because AT&T came out with theirs 3 months after everyone else I was curious as to how many people and what type of people put their phones on Ebay after a year. Sort of a simple question that was answered. But I do thank you for your reply. Hopefully it can help someone who was asking the more complicated question.
    12-21-11 01:19 PM
    I feel like the value of the phone won't be much in a year... RIM is losing value... fast.
    12-22-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD