Good thing for me is that i can keep them both.
    i have the iphone 4 (AT&T) and the 9930 ( Verizon).
    Each device has its own strength and weaknesses.

the gym where i go to, LA Fitness, only has an adapter for an ipod/iphone so everytime i use a cardio machine, it's the iphone that i bring, to watch my downloaded music videos.

If i'm going out at night, i tend to forward ALL my calls from the iphone 4 to the BlackBerry.. and just carry the BlackBerry with me.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-24-12 01:14 AM
    Bump bump
    02-24-12 04:23 PM
    Bump bump

Stay with the iPhone. If/When you get bored with an iPhone.....you have options....such as jailbreaking it.....loading a different theme on it.....and of course....apps. You might not be all into apps....but its there as an option.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-24-12 04:42 PM
    I'm the same as many. Had many phones, always end up back with BB. This 9930 is fantastic. I have a iPhone 4s sitting on my desk, waiting for a nice Craigslist user to buy it. I'm not a big app user either. With the 4s, I jailbroke it, and with Cydia I was never sure if a package that looked good was going to harm the phone. Just wasn't impressed with it.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-24-12 06:05 PM
    Click to view quoted image

If you get bored with an iPhone.......then owning a Blackberry must be.......
    Click to view quoted image

But seriously.....like I always say.... It all comes down to Physical keyboard vs Virtual keyboard. Everything else the iPhone is KING.
    I to got bored with iOS after years of using it. Switched to android after few months got really bored. Then tried BB os and that left me really really bored.
    02-25-12 12:21 AM
    I to got bored with iOS after years of using it. Switched to android after few months got really bored. Then tried BB os and that left me really really bored.
    I understand the bored thing. Honestly I can just get an ipod touch. I hate android with a passion. I just need a reliable phone. Text, call, email, dropbox, fb, twitter. Something that keeps me connected. Ive just had so many problems with my iphone reception and receiving calls/texts. I'm not huge into apps, so that's not a dealbreaker for me.
    02-25-12 12:37 AM
    Thank you. That is very helpful. Also, what the is nuking?

Nuking is just a term that means the OS is hosed. Could mean the device does not start up, or perhaps works intermittently with errors. Use blackberry protect to back up the important stuff to the cloud. And use desktop manager to do a complete back up as needed. From there recovering a nuked device with an Os reinstall and data restore is easy. Nuking is not a normal thing. My opinion is it is more common for people that do a lot of app installs and deletes. Or people that run betas a lot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-25-12 12:51 AM
    bb is for people who use smartphone for what they are meant for. i like the way RIM has still kept ease of usage in OS. i tried i4 and Galaxy, but not as a primary phone. my wife had i4 and son had Samsung Galaxy || so i can play with for time being. but now both of them are BB users.
    02-25-12 02:16 AM
    Got them both. Love the 9900 more than the iphone4. I will probably be selling my iphone4 soon.
    02-25-12 07:04 AM
    I just came from an iPhone 4S. Had a blackberry torch 9800 before that. Why did I switch? Just curious what all the hype was behind the iPhone. iPhone has tons of apps and games that I got fed up with within a month. I realized how much time I was wasting on a phone that was a better gaming handheld device than a communications device. In other words, I was being less productive downloading/playing those ridiculous apps than being more productive with school and work because the iOS slow email and more time consuming navigation gave me no choice but to (it's a bad influence on productivity :P). NOTHING compares to a BlackBerry's fast email and QWERTY keyboard. Yes, battery life isn't great but it isn't as bad as people make it seem. If you play games and are on facebook all day then you should probably get an itoy. I regret so many things about my iPhone experience. Like buying their Pages (word processor) for $9.99, which by the way comes free in a BlackBerry as Documents To Go, or wasting my money on a case because I was afraid that piece of glass was gonna shatter. What did I do to my iPhone 4S? I gave it to my wife because that's just how much I "love" her
    p51 likes this.
    02-25-12 04:33 PM
    made the switched 3 years ago. from a 3G to the 9000 for one reason and this will be the ONLY reason why I love my blackberry...the motherf*cking keyboard. been a loyal bb user since then. went from the 9000 (will always have the best keyboard) - 9700- 9780 -9900. what can I say, I love the BOLD
    Last edited by coldfir3; 02-25-12 at 04:41 PM.
    02-25-12 04:37 PM
    Honestly if you use your phone as a communication tool then BB is hands down the best. If you use your phone as a toy for entertainment then one of the other platforms will be more to your liking.
    02-25-12 05:35 PM
    I came from having an iphone4 and im very happy 4 months on.
    02-25-12 08:06 PM
    What a great blog post! Thanks for sharing it on your site.
    cydia
    03-08-12 04:52 AM
    I had an iphone 3gs for about a year. It is a great phone and has many wonderful features - I even got a friend to switch over to one. Then I started getting frustrated because the communication and customization side was not the best for me. Emails took so long to get to my phone even when I had it on push, I couldn't personalize ring/text tones very easily (I know this is better now, but not being able to change the volume for each one separately can be a pain), I like being able to customize my phone without jailbreaking it and voiding the warrenty, plus more.

I came back to the Torch 9800 then upgraded to 9900. I don't regret it one bit. I even tried going back to my iphone a few times, but I changed back to BB usually within a day or two. I still have my iphone and use it as an ipod touch now. So I still the get the games and extra calendar and whatnot, but I have my berry as my main device.
    03-08-12 12:05 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 4S. Had a blackberry torch 9800 before that. Why did I switch? Just curious what all the hype was behind the iPhone. iPhone has tons of apps and games that I got fed up with within a month. I realized how much time I was wasting on a phone that was a better gaming handheld device than a communications device. In other words, I was being less productive downloading/playing those ridiculous apps than being more productive with school and work because the iOS slow email and more time consuming navigation gave me no choice but to (it's a bad influence on productivity :P). NOTHING compares to a BlackBerry's fast email and QWERTY keyboard. Yes, battery life isn't great but it isn't as bad as people make it seem. If you play games and are on facebook all day then you should probably get an itoy. I regret so many things about my iPhone experience. Like buying their Pages (word processor) for $9.99, which by the way comes free in a BlackBerry as Documents To Go, or wasting my money on a case because I was afraid that piece of glass was gonna shatter. What did I do to my iPhone 4S? I gave it to my wife because that's just how much I "love" her
    As a small biz owner, this is exactly the reason I'm considering moving away from iPhone. I've had every iteration of iPhone & for what I do (fashion) it is a very useful device (esp. the camera). But like the poster I am quoting, I find myself being less productive while searching the app store for new apps i'll probably never use or jailbreaking to add some more functionality. I feel so much more productive when using a BB. It's "limitations" actually help keep me focused on the task at hand & the overall bigger picture. Also, I have noticed that the branding aspect of BB. People generally perceive me differently when I carry a BB. It helps depict you as someone who's about their business. BB's are more utilitarian than aesthetic, but for my needs its what works best.

P.S. being able to carry an extra battery doesn't hurt either.
    03-08-12 12:54 PM
    I ditched my 4S after 3 weeks! The iphone is over hyped and nothing but an app phone and there are way better things to do with a phone than apps! I am in the process to switching back to BB.. thank god.
    03-08-12 01:07 PM
    got my 9900 6 weeks ago after selling my iphone4 on ebay, very happy with the switch, then the wife did the same, best thing we did. bbm is way better that iMessage.
    03-08-12 02:45 PM
    had the 3G for a week and came running back to my Blackberry.

The browser and apps were cool, but the slow email and awful keyboard pushed me to my breaking point.

Not to mention, I couldn't even setup different sound profiles or a custom ringtone.

So glad to have my Bold 9930 now
    03-08-12 02:58 PM
    used iP3, 3GS, 4 and never had them more than a week then I go back..
    03-08-12 04:39 PM
    Hi folks

I used to have BB's, but decided to try the iPhone 4, and Galaxy SII, now I have a Bold 9900... so far happy with it except no Skype. Looking forward to 7.1 OS with Bell.

The iPhone had too many things tied into iAccessories and no battery replacement, no SD card, can't use it as a USB drive, have to use iTunes, the list just went on too long eventhough the screen was great, some cool apps, but drove me crazy trying to use.

The Galaxy SII had it to 3 days, tried Sype it overheated almost burnt my ear off, screen was amazing, but battery life was useless for 11 hours.

Now I have my Bold 9900 overall good screen, 2 days battery life, good camera, great keyboard, apps are good enough, speed is good enough, browser is a lot better than OS 6.0, all my connectivity is working again, I like to use it for a USB drive.

I will probably get the new London with BB10, like a full screen.

cheers
    paul
    03-08-12 10:38 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD