One thing that you might like (I sure do) is to turn on your "EVENT SOUNDS" to ON

...and I thought I knew it all.

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I was sure not aware of this one.

Funny, I have this phone for over 4 years and OS7 is supposed to be outdated by now, jet there is still some new stuff to learn.
    03-20-16 10:16 PM

...and I thought I knew it all.

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I was sure not aware of this one.

Funny, I have this phone for over 4 years and OS7 is supposed to be outdated by now, jet there is still some new stuff to learn.
    haha ya I know, I discovered this by accident when setting up this 9900 a couple months ago, but I wish I knew about it when I used the 9780 (still have) and my 9790 (lasted 4 months and got buggy, jamming, etc)

I'm sure it is available on all Blackberries but no one knows about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-21-16 01:19 AM
    I'm curious as to what protocol you and your co-workers are following to ensure that the available spare batteries are actually charged and not partially charged or dead. I have four batteries for my Q10, and usually I'm pretty good with it, but there have been times when I've swapped in a spare only to find that it was a depleted one down to <20%. How often is that happening with your personal spares and the spares at work, and if it's not happening often or at all what protocols are you following to prevent it?
    They are generally always used directly from chargers. Green lamp on charger alerts charged. Any loose batts are assumed drained and swapped into a charger when available.

My routine is to carry a charged spare in left pocket. Till needed. Spent batt goes in right pocket till I get back to a charger and swap with fresh charged one back to left pocket. Most coworkers employ similar routines.

Batts perceived as weak are tossed into battery recycle box in breakroom. Individual discretion.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    03-26-16 09:35 PM
    They are generally always used directly from chargers. Green lamp on charger alerts charged. Any loose batts are assumed drained and swapped into a charger when available.

My routine is to carry a charged spare in left pocket. Till needed. Spent batt goes in right pocket till I get back to a charger and swap with fresh charged one back to left pocket. Most coworkers employ similar routines.

Batts perceived as weak are tossed into battery recycle box in breakroom. Individual discretion.
    Just curious do you use ANY non-Blackberry brand batteries, if so, any problems with them, AND do you ever see any Batteries not fully charge?

03-27-16 04:34 PM
    ...and the boot up time can be as much as 10 minutes since I put Whatsapp back on the 9900 I always like to fully cycle my batteries down to about 10% before I start charging them again.
    Interesting that WhatsApp seems to affect your boot time. I wonder why? Also, to maximize the usable life of your batteries, minimize the number of times you discharge them to low levels (if practical) -- see the on-line "Battery University."

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-27-16 04:54 PM
    Interesting that WhatsApp seems to affect your boot time.
    I assume you use Whatsapp also? It MIGHT be because I have many International friends and we send a lot of pics of tourist sites and news events, screen shots, etc and I once noticed that there were over 100 pics in the "media" for certain contacts, or whatever it was called, and I try to delete them whenever I can remember to.

Yes before Whatsapp it was about a flat 2 minute or less boot up and the progress bar moved steadily with no stops that I could recall.

03-27-16 05:01 PM
    Just curious do you use ANY non-Blackberry brand batteries, if so, any problems with them, AND do you ever see any Batteries not fully charge?
    Hi, Ralph -- I know you asked idssteve, but I'll chime in: When one of the "new" replacement batteries I bought from Amazon died while I was on the road (even though the Passport is my "main" phone, it was still a major inconvenience, primarily because I'd never seen battery failure before and didn't understand what I was looking at), I replaced it with a Duracell 1320 mah unit from Batteries+. No problems at all! To be fair, the other $4 Amazon-bought BlackBerry battery is also doing well, but I learned my lesson and carry a spare when traveling.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-27-16 05:11 PM
    I assume you use Whatsapp also?
    Hahahhhahahahhaaa "never touch the stuff, myself" -- but I do understand it's very popular, and you can't always choose what your clients want to use.

I would have thought the download delay would be once the phone itself was up and running, but maybe that's it.

03-27-16 05:14 PM
    Hi, Ralph -- I know you asked idssteve, but I'll chime in: When one of the "new" replacement batteries I bought from Amazon died while I was on the road (even though the Passport is my "main" phone, it was still a major inconvenience, primarily because I'd never seen battery failure before and didn't understand what I was looking at), I replaced it with a Duracell 1320 mah unit from Batteries+. No problems at all! To be fair, the other $4 Amazon-bought BlackBerry battery is also doing well, but I learned my lesson and carry a spare when traveling.

pls do and thnx for the responses, they are all important.

So I assume that was a NON- "Blackberry" Brand battery that failed? ("New Replacement Battery")

Duracell ANYTHING always is way longer lasting than Energerizer ANYTHING that I have found. ;p

I still have the best luck with BB brand original type batteries

03-27-16 05:17 PM
    Hahahhhahahahhaaa "never touch the stuff, myself" -- but I do understand it's very popular, and you can't always choose what your clients want to use.
    Well I NEED WA because Facebook inbox sucks on the 9900 unless the person is "ONLINE" but soon that will be ending in a few days....supposedly. (no more FB app)

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-27-16 at 05:37 PM.
    03-27-16 05:22 PM

So I assume that was a NON- "Blackberry" Brand battery that failed? ("New Replacement Battery")
    Actually, the failed battery WAS a BlackBerry brand -- but evidently, it had been sitting on a shelf for some number of years.

03-27-16 10:52 PM
    Actually, the failed battery WAS a BlackBerry brand -- but evidently, it had been sitting on a shelf for some number of years.
    Odd. I had 3 failed Blackberry batteries for my 9780, but ironically the original is all I have left and it is still good.

But the BB ones for the 9900 have been great

03-28-16 01:15 AM

Yes we use some aftermarket batts but OEM are most consistent. Aftermarket experience can be pretty inconsistent but if they're 1/4 the price and 1 out of 4 is bad, we just recycle the bad one & feel grateful for 1/3 price. We have zero tolerance for misbehaving batteries & toss them to recycle at first sign of misbehavior.

We also use extended batts. My fav is a 5000mAh monster that can power 9900 for several+ days.
    Again, inconsistency rules. I went thru 4 of these monsters to get two really good ones. The added thickness can be problematic but that extra ledge provides secure grasp.
    03-31-16 09:21 PM

We also use extended batts. My fav is a 5000mAh monster that can power 9900 for several+ days.
    Again, inconsistency rules. I went thru 4 of these monsters to get two really good ones. The added thickness can be problematic but that extra ledge provides secure grasp.
    haha ya but I prefer my 9900 to still look like a 9900 and not a pregnant Motorola 650 Flip from 1997 like I had I like the thin lines of the 9900 but it is cool to have the long life

03-31-16 11:16 PM
    haha ya but I prefer my 9900 to still look like a 9900 and not a pregnant Motorola 650 Flip from 1997 like I had I like the thin lines of the 9900 but it is cool to have the long life

Lol, definitely adds thick to an otherwise wonderfully compact FF. Equally wonderful to have the option when needed tho. No such versatility for my Classic. I only use the monsters when needed. Some low signal industrial environments can burn a batt amazingly fast.
    04-01-16 04:11 AM
    4 now

04-18-16 06:44 PM
66 123