I feel like I should know this, but I can't seem to figure it out. I apologize in advance if its a stupid question.
    How do I get my Sprint 9930 to lock automaticlly? I bought a new slim case from the Sprint store and the clip doesn't have a magnet. So it doesn't lock after a give time. The screen goes out, but I can hold in a key and dial someone. Very annoying and embaresing.
    I know I can hit the top center buttom. But is there a setting that will make it happen when the screens goes out?
    Any suggestions or help please.
    12-08-11 06:53 PM
    Some options ....

Set a password. And use the password lock.
    Install and use a third party application.
    Press the lock button manually.
    mpagano37 likes this.
    12-08-11 07:00 PM
    Options--> Security --> Password. You set it to lock after idle.

Or

Hold down the "A" key.

Or

Top lock key
    12-08-11 07:03 PM
    Didn't think of third party app.
    12-08-11 07:04 PM
    Patterlock by tafasa is awesome too! Unlock with swipe of the finger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 07:09 PM
    i just push my K key and it locks
    12-08-11 08:22 PM
    Use speedlock, you can slide to unlock phone, dont need to use the top button. $0.99 is great deal!
    12-08-11 08:25 PM
    i just push my K key and it locks
    That's what I do. You (OP) have to turn off dialing from home screen so you can use the shortcuts. I never use the top button.
    12-08-11 08:59 PM
    Just hold the "A" key for about a second until the screen shuts off. Regardless of the universal search of the application short cuts.

Going back to the other replies, yes you can hit "K," but if you don't want to use a password and just want to set the phone in stand by without using the top button then "A" is the way to go without additional software.
    12-08-11 09:08 PM
    Use speedlock, you can slide to unlock phone, dont need to use the top button. $0.99 is great deal!
    +1 on SpeedLock. My fav lock app by far!
    12-11-11 04:09 PM
    PatternLock by Tafasa works great for me. Tons of settings. Can be set to lock immediately when screen turns off, or wait certain amount of time. Customizable background and many more.
    12-11-11 05:16 PM
    Speedlock for me
    12-11-11 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD