Just want to find out where other member's trackpads are...

After using (and loving!) my 9900 for the last week or so, I turned on my old 9800 to get a few pictures. Immediately, I noticed the trackpad is more raised and has a more convex feel compared to my 9900 (where the trackpad is almost level with the panel).

Wanted to see if this was an issue that I should address before the exchange period. I read of sunken trackpads, but mine is not at that stage (yet?)
    12-07-11 12:17 PM
    If the trackpad works, what difference does the height make? My 9650 had a slightly tilted trackpad, barely noticeable, and it worked perfectly.
    12-07-11 12:43 PM
    do trackpads tend to sink over time?
    12-07-11 01:18 PM
    do trackpads tend to sink over time?
    The one on my 9650 didn't.
    12-07-11 01:32 PM
    Mine is not level I used the 9900 of my friend and found the trackpad was higher than mine, gonna return my 9900 on saturday for a better one
    12-07-11 05:57 PM
    I noticed this as well. My sister in law got this phone from work and I have it from Rogers. Hers Verizon. Her trackpad was much lower and not as raised as mine.
    12-07-11 07:44 PM
    yes, it could be possible that it will sink in over time due user-usage.
    It's not going to sink unless the clicking mechanism starts to fail or something.... The whole trackpad is attached to a housing and it sits directly on the board.
    12-07-11 07:47 PM
    Mine is not level I used the 9900 of my friend and found the trackpad was higher than mine, gonna return my 9900 on saturday for a better one
    I actually like the fact that the trackpad on my 9930 is slightly raised on all sides. It makes it easier to find when I pick up my phone and am not looking at it.
    12-07-11 08:12 PM
    Mine is a minor skylight type dome, it's just right. I just wish it was .5mm higher though, I'm not complaining about it, since I have now gotten used to the smaller size.
    12-07-11 10:29 PM
    so'd you compared your trackpad with your friends 9900trackpad?
    and the trackpad is more sunk in? do you have any other real issue's?
    i hope you are not returning your 9900 because of the comparisment with your friend only.
    Don't have any issues other than that
    I don't enjoy using the phone at all
    Especially when I want to click the trackpad I spent over $600 on this phone and I can't use something that is not good enough
    12-08-11 05:24 AM
    Just want to find out where other member's trackpads are...

After using (and loving!) my 9900 for the last week or so, I turned on my old 9800 to get a few pictures. Immediately, I noticed the trackpad is more raised and has a more convex feel compared to my 9900 (where the trackpad is almost level with the panel).

Wanted to see if this was an issue that I should address before the exchange period. I read of sunken trackpads, but mine is not at that stage (yet?)
    If you are loving your device and all is working fine, WHY would you risk trading it for another jst because you think the track pad is not the same as an other unit you have used.

Just think about it before you do this. Read some of the threads here at what could REALLY be wrong with your device.
    12-08-11 06:01 AM
    This is the reason people with real problems have a hard time getting replacements, warranty exchange abuse
    12-08-11 07:24 AM
    This is the reason people with real problems have a hard time getting replacements, warranty exchange abuse
    My 9700's trackpad was wobbily and I had no complaints regardless. I just enjoyed it. I still use it occasionally. This 9900's got it's own dysfunctions and founds like a chip bag on the function keys (send/menu/trackpad click/back/end) but I still love it. I won't replace it because of that either.
    12-08-11 02:48 PM
    thanks for all of the input.

i'm not going to exchange my device for this. i was using it for the past day nonstop and it's flawless. there are absolutely 0 defects otherwise.

and who says it's a defect really? it's probably within spec, and i can't see how a higher trackpad would be any more functional....
    12-08-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD