Hi everyone,

I'm sure this is a fairly obvious question, but I have searched for this specific question and could not find it. I'm fairly new to blackberry and have a 9930 as well as a playbook. I want to use the calendar app and maintain it only on my phone and playbook (I don't need to synch it with anything or keep any type of calendar online). Every entry I make will be done directly in the calendar app either on my phone or playbook.

My question is, how do I make sure that this calendar will be kept private? I read a few things about bbm making your calendar public under certain circumstances. I'm also confused as to why whenever I put something new into the calendar, it says "send using" and then lists my gmail address. Does this mean the calendar is somehow being connected to my email or a gmail calendar? I just want the calendar to stay locally on my phone and nowhere else. Thank you in advance for any help.
    12-12-11 09:22 PM
    I'm still using OS5, but 7 should be the same. go into calendar, hit the menu button and select "options", select the calendar you want to keep private, make sure "no" is toggled for wireless synchronization. Check your Google account calendar and see if anything is posted, if not, you're good!
    12-12-11 11:27 PM
    Thank you for your response. I don't get an option for wireless synchronization when I hit the menu button for some reason. I've never used the calendar in gmail, so maybe the phone figured that out and that's why there's no synch option? I'm just confused as to why it says "send using" and then my gmail address whenever I add something to the calendar. Is this in some way connected to my email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-11 06:10 AM
    I believe the reason for "send using" your email address is for invitations you send to other people and receive as well. You need an email address for this feature. Even if you don't intend to invite anyone to any of your appointments, task, etc, this email address will be shown.

Last edited by mokeikoberry; 12-13-11 at 02:26 PM.
    12-13-11 02:23 PM
    The calendar is tied to an email address.
    12-13-11 03:24 PM
    Just like the other posters said BlackBerry links an email account to each calendar, but if you're on BIS, it's likely not set to synchronize. get on your Gmail page and open the calendar tab at the top, there should be nothing entered in it.
    12-13-11 10:51 PM
    I am thinking about getting the new BB 9930 from Verizon and I have a questions about the calendar. On all of the videos I have seen it shows that the calendar is color coded. I use only Microsoft Office 07 so will all the calendar dates that I have in Office transfer to the BB 9930 with the colors are is the calendar still in black and white?
    12-27-11 10:05 AM