Hey,

Im trying to update my phone to a newer os and did what has to be down:
    - PC
    - installed DM
    - downloaded and installed new os version
    - deleted vendor.xml

There is still no update shown anywhere when i connect my phone. I read there should be 2 xml files somewhere on the PC but my computer just finds one!
    10-29-11 08:45 PM
    try using the search button, tons of information about this will pop up

good luck
    10-29-11 09:01 PM
    Read the sticky. Think from page 3-5 if its .439 ur upgrading to. In short, after u dl it, u need to delete 2 vendor files. Then run the loader and that's it. If its not working its most likely you didn't delete the 2nd vendor file. If you search the sticky it'll give you the location of both vendor files.

Goodluck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-29-11 09:19 PM
    Found it. THX guys
    10-30-11 10:19 AM
    ahhh, all my third party apps are gone!!!
    What happend to them? I made a backup before but after finishing the upgrade an error occured. I have the ne OS on my phone but all my apps are gone
    10-30-11 11:47 AM
    The desktop manager backup backs up your personal databases. It does not include apps. Normally they get restored automatically, but since you encountered an error, you'll need to manually reinstall them.
    10-30-11 12:03 PM
    super.

Is it possible to backup 3rd party apps with a mac?
    10-30-11 12:12 PM
    I haven't tried DM for Mac, but I'd be surprised if it backed up 3rd party apps. There's a procedure you can find in the FAQ forum, but you have to perform it before you perform the OS upgrade.
    10-30-11 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD