INM what made you switch from Sensation to bold in such short period off time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 06:19 PM
    Matty, honestly take some time and think about your decision. The S2 is one heck of a phone. I rooted, SIM unlocked, and loaded a custom rom and kernel. Love the bold for the keyboard but that's about it.
    AceStreaming likes this.
    09-20-11 08:03 PM
    Have both and on the 9900 at the moment only cause its new There are advantages to both phones but I find I do most things quicker on the BB. Comms on BB and Media/Browsing/Entertainment an and android tablet for me seems the best compromise.

On a side note I got better battery life from my S2 rooted with custom ROM, no overclock needed as its so damn fast anyway Tough Choice.....
    09-20-11 08:11 PM

Matty, go check out the bold. I think, based on your needs mentioned earlier that this device may just suit you. And the battery life on mine is fantastic with the stock os. Battery life is a top 3 need for me and this unit fits the bill perfectly!

09-20-11 08:17 PM
    Ano its hard choice, with new iphone coming ino this is a blackberry forum but this is one of the best. New iphone, blackberry qnx coming. If BOLD 9900 had more. App choice I would jump at it

09-21-11 02:53 AM

I didn't realize at first, especially when I first got the Sensation, but I think the main reason I wanted to move away from it and was even considering the BlackBerry was messaging. Whether texting, chatting in GTalk, emailing, or typing something into WordPress I found myself trying to save a quick note instead of finishing. I was waiting until I got to my tablet, or computer, or I just never finished. On-screen typing was starting to frustrate me. Swype chose the wrong words. Swiftkey, as good as it is, mispelled words. The default Android keyboard is pretty mediocre. I was getting annoyed.

Add to that the lack of truly good document handling, even after purchasing two programs for it, and the constant need to tweak something just led to me wanting something else. The reviews of the Bold on CrackBerry and elsewhere helped me towards the store.
    09-21-11 04:18 AM
    Thanks chrisy best answer... I do miss a physical keyboard but only things that I think I would love about BB is BBM, keyboard,Be amongst the hardcore Crackberry Nation LOL

You'll get much better battery life on the Bold. I get 2 days easily.

09-21-11 04:22 AM
    How hard is it to come from Galaxy S2 to BOLD 9900? I feel as if am downgrading but friends and family SAY GET BBM

Android is far superior to any BB at this point. The difference is night and day between the two! I just switched from a droid incredible 2 to a bold 9930 and for personal reasons. The bold has features that the incredible didn't and these are more important to me. Here is why I switched
    Physical keyboard
    Ability to increase font size
    Signal strength/call quality
    Better email
    Notifications

All around the bold is more business friendlier than my incredible and it is easier to navigate the device and I am more productive.
    The biggest thing with the new bold is the keyboard and its size people seem to really like what rim did !
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-21-11 05:27 AM
    you can change and dont think 2wice about it..especially if you need it for business where emails are a priority (corporate)

android based phones just dont have the consistency..there are so many different phones so you always have to learn how to use them..from what i have seen they are nowhere near the easiness of use of BBs...

when i buy a BB, i know what i get and i know where everything will be...probably the same with iphones..

if your friends have BBs and BBMs, you MUST get a BB..i tried to convince my sister of this and she went and got a nokia E6..do you believ that? if there is a dying breed then its a nokia..i tried using it and i was like man..BB is light years ahead of it in terms of ease of use and the buttons...and the OS...

my wife has got a BB for the first time (9900) and she is absolutely loving it...alot more than her old iphone 3g..
    09-21-11 05:48 AM

To:

AxKxB likes this.
    09-21-11 05:57 AM
    I'll give you my opinion on this as I have A Galaxy S2 and a BB 9930. They are two completely different phones. IMO Android email sucks. It doesn't work nearly as well as Blackberry which is why I use my 9930 for work as I am very dependent on email.

Battery life is about equal. I can get through a full day with both phones.

Everything else about the GS2 is superior. It has imo the best fastest and fullest web browser of any phone out there right now (I also have an iPhone 4) and compared to Blackberry, the customization options are endless. It also has a better screen and the keyboard argument is really a matter of taste. I can type great on both phones.

The camera is waaaaay better on the GS2 so if you take a lot of pictures you will be missing it. Also, if you are more media centered in your phone watching movies and listening to music is a much better experience on the GS2.

That's just my opinion. I love BB's but they are completely different phones. BB's are somewhat more vanilla and are still behind the current Android and Apple offerings out there.
    09-21-11 06:56 AM
    use WhatsApp to chat with your BB friends and family.
    09-21-11 08:13 AM
    Great responses Guys

09-21-11 04:55 PM
    HAHAHAHHA So funny. Not.

You really didn't need to put that in. Both the devices are good on their own ways.
    09-21-11 05:16 PM
    I didn't realize at first, especially when I first got the Sensation, but I think the main reason I wanted to move away from it and was even considering the BlackBerry was messaging. Whether texting, chatting in GTalk, emailing, or typing something into WordPress I found myself trying to save a quick note instead of finishing. I was waiting until I got to my tablet, or computer, or I just never finished. On-screen typing was starting to frustrate me. Swype chose the wrong words. Swiftkey, as good as it is, mispelled words. The default Android keyboard is pretty mediocre. I was getting annoyed.
    Same reason I ditched the Thunderbolt. Also the OS doesn't feel integrated with apps, it just feels like a bunch of different apps and everything is off somewhere else (like having to use the Gmail app for push gmail instead of using the default mail app, but then having to use something like K9 mail for other mail accounts). Various widgets have their own sync times that do not relate to the apps that they are related to (this is because a lot of the native app widgets like FB/Twittter suck and 3rd party widgets are better, but their update polls do not coincide with the app they are actually linked to).
    09-21-11 05:20 PM
    use WhatsApp to chat with your BB friends and family.
    If you have to convert everybody to a new client anyways to talk to them, you might as well just use a client that they probably already have (like gtalk, etc)...
    09-21-11 05:22 PM
    Is there a app similar to pulse? Good. Youtube Emkwan who. Talks tech is serious. About getting rid. Off iphone for bold 99999999900

09-21-11 05:32 PM
    Depends if you need or want lots of Apps to keep you occupied. I don't but need to communicate globally and a physical kb. BB wins for me, hands down.

09-21-11 05:41 PM
    I have a HTC Desire and Galaxy Tab for Apps.

09-21-11 05:42 PM
    Also. Call me dumb but why do you have to pay for BBM email and that?!

09-21-11 05:43 PM
    Why do you have to pay for BBM

09-22-11 05:43 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD