I just figured this out and so I wanted to share even though most people probably know how to do this.

For some reason, I was getting really low res youtube playback from the mobile site. I tried a bunch of things. Finally, I realized it had something to do with enabling HTML5.

so I went to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and enabled html5 (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Now videos play in AMAZING quality. It really shows off the sharpness of the screen. I was really impressed.

Anyways, I hope this helps people.
    bigbamboo and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    08-23-11 04:11 PM
    i dont have such an option?
    08-23-11 04:25 PM
    It changed the link but the link is youtube(dot)com/html5

Also, I think you need to be logged in to your youtube account to do this. You can change this option from your computer if your youtube account on your phone is the same as your computer.
    08-23-11 04:27 PM
    ah great! i was trying it on my phone initially and with no luck. but now ive done it!
    08-23-11 04:30 PM
    Yeppers, make sure you always go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (YouTube dot com /html5) and it will render the videos much better than the regular site. RIM optimized HTML5 support in OS7 is it's much better than in OS6. Enjoy
    Honestly, there needs to be an html5 based youtube app made for BBOS7. I have no idea why RIM didn't work on this. They need to get the team that did the playbook youtube app and just hash it out.
    Honestly, there needs to be an html5 based youtube app made for BBOS7. I have no idea why RIM didn't work on this. They need to get the team that did the playbook youtube app and just hash it out.
    You're right, it needs to happen, but it's not. Like it or not, OS7 is a dead-end OS and will only be viable(Development wise) for another 6 months or so. They're not going to waste the resources on it when QNX is around the corner. Least when QNX comes you'll have access to the same YT app as the PB has. )
    08-23-11 04:36 PM
    I just figured this out and so I wanted to share even though most people probably know how to do this.

For some reason, I was getting really low res youtube playback from the mobile site. I tried a bunch of things. Finally, I realized it had something to do with enabling HTML5.

so I went to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and enabled html5 (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Now videos play in AMAZING quality. It really shows off the sharpness of the screen. I was really impressed.

Anyways, I hope this helps people.
    Great post. Exactly where at the bottom of the page? Did you go into my account? Help me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 04:49 PM
    it says "You are not currently in the HTML5 trial.
    Join the HTML5 Trial"

click on "Join the HTML5 Trial"

EDIT: are you on the html 5 youtube page? the address is www.youtube(dot)com/html5
    08-23-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD