How to get Published ICalendars Synced to your Blackberry (tested on OS 7.1 BB Bold 9900)

/// I have been using this for a day, the only issue so far is how infrequently google updates it's calendar subscriptions - could some more people please test this ///

Credits �

I found a long time ago how to add published calendars to my iphone, now I have a
    Blackberry I thought it must be possible, plenty of guides on here about the playbook which mention grabbing an iphone / ipad (or User Agent Faking in a browser) and going to m.google.com/sync which led me to play more and find a way to work it on the Blackberry bold 9900.

You will need to setup a new google account (don�t use the one already syncing to your blackberry
    through mail setup � unless you tell that to not sync calendar)

On a computer:

Go to Google calendar www.google.com/calendar
    Click Cog � Settings
    Click Calendars
    Click browse interesting Calendars
    Click Add by URL
    Enter your .ics published calendar address (I have tested with one published from outlook as public
    (limited detail) � replace the webcals:// with http://)
    Close settings and your google calendar should now show your published icalendar.

On your blackberry:

browse to http://m.google.com/sync and download google sync, install & sign in

Then Blackberry Button, options, make sure only sync calendar is set,

Under the add new handheld events to click & select none.

adjust the sync periods as required, scroll down to sync these calendars and click the track pad.

You will see your subscribed calendars are available to sync, check them then Blackberry button �close, Blackberry Button Save

It will ask you to sync and you should be done.

Note.

Originally I tried just using my existing gmail account which is setup with mail, contacts & Calendar

I found it put everything into my google calendar and made duplicates, signing out of google sync sorted it as it removed all the entries from the blackberry so when that synced it tidied it up, this may be because I have my google account synced to an ipad as well which supports the ical rather
    than this method.

Regards

Damian Thomson
    Ryked likes this.
    05-10-12 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD