i been wondering is there any official release of the os 7.1 for the bold 9900 or does anyone know how i can get os 7.1 on my bold? is it better then 7.0??
    02-20-12 02:28 PM
    Everything you need to know is right here http://crackberry.com/leaked-version...atible-devices
    02-20-12 02:32 PM
    I personally think it is an upgrade that needs to be made especially in relation to battery life,and wifi calling for me. Everything is just a lot smoother. Currently using the leaked 7.1.0.267.
    Last edited by mrjonesy; 02-20-12 at 02:51 PM. Reason: missed version of software i was using
    adamrollins and deezy87 like this.
    02-20-12 02:40 PM
    Well look at it this way, i started off with OS 7 and on my 8 hours shift battery was in the red. I quickly upgraded to 7.1.0.205 and gained 50% on the drain scale. Twice as much then, with few more apps downloaded, normal use... and everything does seem to run smoother. No regrets. Upgrade was quick and easy. Now i heard .267 is even better?...
    02-20-12 02:47 PM
    Well look at it this way, i started off with OS 7 and on my 8 hours shift battery was in the red. I quickly upgraded to 7.1.0.205 and gained 50% on the drain scale. Twice as much then, with few more apps downloaded, normal use... and everything does seem to run smoother. No regrets. Upgrade was quick and easy. Now i heard .267 is even better?...
    Yes that is correct Sir.
    It also added new features like battery saving mode and dnla server
    _BlackCherry_ likes this.
    02-20-12 02:49 PM
    I personally think it is an upgrade that needs to be made especially in relation to battery life,and wifi calling for me. Everything is just a lot smoother.
    This is correct! I upgraded last night from 7.0.0.585 bundle 2406 (if im wrong someone correct me)

Loaded the leaked 7.1.0.267 build 921...AMAZING! Runs a lot smoother, and my batter discharge rate is at about 1-3$ MAXIMUM. With the 7.0 I was getting about 5-7% which was killing me and the battery. If I were you OP, I'd load the leak, you will not regret it. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PHONE FIRST!!!!!
    02-20-12 02:50 PM
    i been wondering is there any official release of the os 7.1 for the bold 9900 or does anyone know how i can get os 7.1 on my bold? is it better then 7.0??
    I would just installed the latest leaked OS 7.1. I am getting really really good battery life out of it with between 1.5% to 2% hr with mild web browsing on both wifi and BIS, berrryweather auto refresh every 30 min with backlight set to 20. This is really good compared to all of the OS 7.0 as far as I know.

You also get features like wifi hotspot (make sure your plan supports it or you will end up with a large invoice), DLNA, faster browser and better OS performance. Download and install the OS 7.1.0.267 you won't go back for sure.
    02-20-12 02:57 PM
    i have been tryin to get 7.1 on my bold and i dl the os and i installed it on my desktop manager but its not showing or letting me updated? can anyone help me with this? thankyou
    02-20-12 04:07 PM
    Did you delete BOTH of the vendor.xml files?
    02-20-12 04:19 PM
    no i dont think i did and how do i do that? maybe that is why its not working hmmm
    02-20-12 04:27 PM
    where do i do delete it i dont wanna mess anything up on my phone
    02-20-12 04:29 PM
    so i guess no one can help me out here.... useless thread
    02-20-12 06:29 PM
    Did you go to the instructions on how to download an OS? There might be more than one vendor.xml file. Just do a search using windows explorer and delete those files. You should then be good to go.
    02-20-12 06:39 PM
    Deleting Vendor File:

To do so, open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format. If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device. You can visit Crackberry.com's OS4.5 Beta forum for discussion and help should you run into issues.

Full instruction on installing/upgrading OS:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    02-20-12 06:40 PM
    Deleting Vendor File:

To do so, open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format. If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device. You can visit Crackberry.com's OS4.5 Beta forum for discussion and help should you run into issues.

Thankyou for the tip that is what iwanted to know try to go to the forum but still don't understand when I put it that way makes it easier Thankyou
    02-21-12 02:02 PM
    How many times are you going to post the same question? Ever tried searching for an answer?

how do u dl 7.1on ur bold im trying to install it on my phone and its not showing on my desktop manager
    02-21-12 02:06 PM
    That is what I did but now I got my answer.. Didn't get a chance to update my phone today.. Is 7.1 much better then 7.0?
    02-21-12 07:12 PM
    Deleting Vendor File:

I have deleted the vendor file and it is still not working am I suppose to restart anything... It still don't seem to be detecting the software
    02-23-12 11:50 AM
    never again!! thansk for the tip everyone but i have just tried to installed os 7.1 onto my phone and it messed up my whole phone and now i have to restore everything im just gonna wait till rogers have an official release for os 7.1.. no need to fix something that was never broken
    02-23-12 01:07 PM
    Read through the instructions in my signature. Install your OS to your PC, delete all instances of vendor.xml, launch apploader, and go! Should take less than 45 minutes.

If I had to choose between 7.1 and 7.0, I'll take 7.1 every time.
    02-23-12 02:05 PM
    Read through the instructions in my signature. Install your OS to your PC, delete all instances of vendor.xml, launch apploader, and go! Should take less than 45 minutes.

If I had to choose between 7.1 and 7.0, I'll take 7.1 every time.
    Great instructions!! It has been awhile since I installed a leaked version! On the 7.1 I see a vendor file in there which I know I have to delete But I see another one that says device xmL document?? Does that stay or go? I have been hearing about 2 vendor files This 267 sounds much better!!
    Thanks
    Arlene
    02-23-12 07:02 PM
    I have deleted the vendor file and it is still not working am I suppose to restart anything... It still don't seem to be detecting the software
    this happens sometimes, back up ur phone with desktop manager. wipe ur phone with BBSAK(quick search in google and u should find this little app). Run AppLoader again. once done restore with desktop manager.
    02-23-12 07:26 PM
    Hello everyone i am using MACBOOK PRO and i was just wondering how can i be able to get the file for OS 7.1 or how can i upgrade my OS. I have bold 9900 from t-mobile. thanks
    02-23-12 11:32 PM
    Great instructions!! It has been awhile since I installed a leaked version! On the 7.1 I see a vendor file in there which I know I have to delete But I see another one that says device xmL document?? Does that stay or go? I have been hearing about 2 vendor files This 267 sounds much better!!
    Thanks
    Arlene
    There are 2 vendor.xml files. When I updated to 267 I didn't delete either of them and it worked. Device.xml doesn't have to be deleted. Just search your harddrive for vendor.xml, delete them both and you should be set.

this happens sometimes, back up ur phone with desktop manager. wipe ur phone with BBSAK(quick search in google and u should find this little app). Run AppLoader again. once done restore with desktop manager.
    Wiping isn't necessary if you follow the instructions.

Hello everyone i am using MACBOOK PRO and i was just wondering how can i be able to get the file for OS 7.1 or how can i upgrade my OS. I have bold 9900 from t-mobile. thanks
    Use a PC
    aming63 likes this.
    02-24-12 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD