So, I have not used this 9900 for over 5 years. Went to a Z10, the a Priv. When I went to go turn on phone, obviously battery was dead, I went to charge. the Indicator showed red for a few seconds, then flashes red, no sign of charging. Ordered a new JM1 battery from Amazon, supposedly new. Same thing when putting battery, and plugging in charger. I then tried to plug in via my laptop, with battery, same thing. Pulled battery, and reconnected phone to laptop, same thing.
    05-02-18 02:47 PM
    So, I have not used this 9900 for over 5 years. Went to a Z10, the a Priv. When I went to go turn on phone, obviously battery was dead, I went to charge. the Indicator showed red for a few seconds, then flashes red, no sign of charging. Ordered a new JM1 battery from Amazon, supposedly new. Same thing when putting battery, and plugging in charger. I then tried to plug in via my laptop, with battery, same thing. Pulled battery, and reconnected phone to laptop, same thing.
    You might need the separate wall charger you can get them for about seven bucks ffrom any electronic store and you put your battery directly on that with these little metal tabs., that took care of reviving a totally dead battery for me. Mine was worse I had the dreaded red “X” on the screen.

Remember that the supposedly “new” JM-1 batteries were sitting in an Amazon warehouse for years and sometimes you get one that is completely beyond recovery so that’s why I usually recommend ordering a couple of them, but you might need a cheap wall charger to revive or “prime” them. The thing about having them in the phone is I think the circuit in the battery tells the phone is beyond recovery and will not allow it to charge, so that’s where the separate wall charger comes in. In my experience Wall charger can revive the battery, but no guarantees of course.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 05-02-18 at 03:21 PM.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    05-02-18 03:10 PM
    Here is the thread I stared for this issue, there would be fresher info there

Revived a totally dead battery (Red X)
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t
    05-02-18 03:18 PM