My battery goes from 100% to 92 everyday within 20 mins i dont know whats wrong with my bold 9900... Sometimes it freezes too! i need this fixed please anyone help me. battery life only lasts about 7 hours with medium use.
    02-15-12 08:56 PM
    If you want the device analyzer, then you have to upgrade your OS to OS 7.1. I don't have this type of issue. Do you have auto updates on apps like Facebook, Twitter, RSS, etc? Make sure you also don't have an app open that use your GPS system. It can drain the battery too.

I think these battery issues are caused by user errors rather than the phone itself. I found the latest leaked OS 7.1 performs much better than the Telus stock OS 7.0 when it comes to the battery. I used to get 6%/hr discharge and with the same amount of work now I get 2.5%/hr discharge. You can always upgrade your OS. Just search the forums on how to do it. You can also download an app called MeterBerry if you want to a %/hr without the OS 7.1 device analyzer.

All the best.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-15-12 09:04 PM
    it's a known battery drop issue on some OS versions, i pretty forgot which ones.
    but you are sure on that one OS that is giving you that 99+ to 92 drop issue.
    maybe someone can back me up and tell which ones?
    02-15-12 09:08 PM
    My battery goes from 100% to 92 everyday within 20 mins i dont know whats wrong with my bold 9900... Sometimes it freezes too! i need this fixed please anyone help me. battery life only lasts about 7 hours with medium use.
    The 100% - 92% battery drop is a bug in all of the later OS7 versions. Update to the leaked OS7.1 .190 or .205 where this is fixed.

Device Analyser is a default feature of OS7.1 but you can install it on OS7 from here
    02-15-12 09:11 PM
    maybe someone can back me up and tell which ones?
    .576 .579 .585 .590 and .598 for the 9900, and 7.1.0.163 for the 9930
    02-15-12 09:12 PM
    Is the leaked version safe does it screw it up or anything? How do i do it? Im on Rogers. Why hasnt rogers update yet? will it fix my battery issues?
    02-15-12 09:17 PM
    Is the leaked version safe does it screw it up or anything? How do i do it? Im on Rogers. Why hasnt rogers update yet? will it fix my battery issues?
    Yes, no, search, and? don't know, probably not...
    02-15-12 09:21 PM
    Sorry i don't understand?
    02-15-12 09:25 PM
    @hockey1599, the battery error you described is well documented in many OS7 operating systems. General battery complaints are also common with the 9900/9930 due to its greater power and smaller battery size than prior Bold's. There are things you can do and Apps definitely see some users having worse issues than others. I try to balance pushing the limits with Apps and managing battery use by doing things like turning down the screen brightness. Most important though, I have many chargers and an extra fully charged battery with its own charger.

Also, if you have frequent device freezes, I would upgrade the OS or at least reinstall it. I'm happy running not only 7.1 but a 7.1 hybrid OS. Neither are for everyone. Some are best served with their carrier's official OS and some push the limits. It's probably safe to say that the most recent OS7.0 is more stable and reliable than OS7.1, which most carrier's haven't approved to be official yet.
    02-15-12 09:28 PM
    Sorry i don't understand?
    Yes it is safe
    No it won't screw up or anything
    It doesn't matter who your carrier is
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...eta-os-122851/
    I don't know why Rogers haven't released OS7.1 yet
    It probably won't fix your battery issues. Check your app settings

Better?
    02-15-12 09:31 PM
    Ok so should i reload the software on it? I have the scoremobile,ScreenMuncher copterpro and batteryex and whatsapp thats it...
    02-15-12 09:32 PM
    Rogers is very slow with making new OS versions official. They would tell you that they're not satisfied that the OS7.1 versions they have tested are reliable and bug free. I don't have patience for them and install OS's that other carriers have made official. I also install "leaked" OS's and "Hybrids". If you want to install OS7.1, you can as another carrier has made it their official version. Go to the top posts in the 9900/9930 forum and you'll see a "stickie" (permanently at the top of the forum) with the most recent version that has been made official. Make sure you install the one labeled for 9900 and not 9930 as the Operating Systems are specific to devices.

If you want to stick with a Rogers Official version, then just go to BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones on either your computer or Blackberry browser and it will automatically install the latest official version for Rogers.
    02-15-12 09:38 PM
    @Hockey1599, I can tell you that Phil really knows his stuff. I was trying to supplement what he said and give you additional perspective. The other thing about OS versions, keep in mind that if you don't like what an OS does for you, wipe it and install another one.
    Whatever you do, backup your data (with Desktop Manager and Blackberry Protect) first and use a program like BBSAK to backup your Apps. If your Apps are all free or easy to reinstall from scratch, you may be better off installing them one at a time from App World, Mobihand, or wherever they come from.
    02-15-12 09:46 PM
    One thing, forget what I told you about installing the latest official from the top of the 9900/9930 forum. Normally they have the latest official for 9900 there, but I know that someone did make 7.1 official and its not there. So, install one from the Leaked folder. Leaked and Official versions (of the same number and for the same device) are identical except for the Vendor file(s) which I'm sure you will read about at Phil's link about Leaked OS's.
    02-15-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD