This a solution for your Nuked / Bricked Blackberry 9900

REQUIREMENTS:

-PATIENCE IS A MUST
    -Basic knowledge
    -Blackberry Bold 9900 (Nuked/Bricked) ( Full or half Charged battery, Of course.)
    -USB Cable for Blackberry 9900 (Original Blackberry USB Cable)
    -Windows XP/Vista/7
    -Blackberry Desktop Manager (Clean Install )
    * If you already have BDM in your Desktop/Laptop , Follow these Steps :
    - Uninstall BDM ( DO NOT RESTART )
    - Go to Program Files > Common Files
    - Delete "Research In Motion" folder
    - Go to Users > "Your User/Computer Name" > AppData > Roaming (Folder View Option should be set to "Show Hidden Files"
    - Delete "Research In Motion" folder , again.
    - Go One step back to "AppData" then Go to "Local" and search again for "Research In Motion" folder, Delete it!.
    - We need to make sure that after uninstalling "BlackberryDeviceManager" from the Program Installed Lists, All Programs that are related to Blackberry should also be uninstalled. "Blacberry Device Manager Software Updater" should also be uninstalled.
    - Now, RESTART your computer.
    - Then , INSTALL again the BDM. (There should be NO BLACKBERRY DEVICE CONNECTED, Take Note!) , Restart computer after the installation process. DELETE Vendor.xml (Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader)
    - Install the "blackberry bold device software OS 7.1" (it can be be downloaded online) so that we can bypass the Error of Getting "it is only available for Blackberry users subscribed to blackberry subscription service" from usual BDM update.

STEP-BY-STEP Process to Unbrick Your Nuked/Bricked Blackberry Bold 9900

- Create a new USER ACCOUNT (It should be Administrator) , then Log off and Login to your new Admin user Account.
    - Connect your Blackberry Device, Wait until the "device driver installation process" completes.
    - Open BDM , Wait til your device being detected. There will be a window that will Pop-up letting you choose whether to "Repair , Update or just Cancel" , Just choose or Click the "update" button.
    - After clicking the Update button, Just wait for a few moment, until a new window pop-up again saying that you're now going to install an update and should not be interrupted by just disconnecting or unplugging your usb cable, click the "Install Update" button there.
    - Now , A new window will pop-up again and for this time , You're in the process of loading the OS 7.1 into your device.
    - In the part of "Install" process , if you encounter problem in the middle of "Reconnecting JVM" process and AppLoader Unable to Connect to your blackberry device, Just Click "retry" (do not disconnect or unplug the cable uh) , if it still persist, just retry and retry , do it 3x . and if it didn't work and the error window is still there, Do not click "retry'' , just leave it there for a moment and try to PULL OUT YOUR BATTERY while your device is connected to the computer , then PUT IT BACK and click "Retry" , your device will now boot-up and will continue until the process of loading OS 7.1 is done. and the last process would be "REBOOT" , your device will restart and wait until the device boot-up. it would take a few minutes. So be patient.

I didn't use AppLoader alone, itself, to install or load the OS , Cause if your "USB-PIN" becomes "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN" , it would be 70%-30% chances. 70% that your device won't be able to undergo the whole process of Loading/Updating OS 7.1 , 30% chances that your device might be successfully recovered. No man is an Island - Apploader LOL

Now , Your Blackberry Bold 9900 is unbricked!
    The only problem is your attitude towards the problem - Engr.Ron
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-18-13 09:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-744148/

We've had some pretty solid guides written over the years. It can be nice to remind new members that this is possible, though.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, as I see this is your opening post!
    07-18-13 11:07 PM
    Wish I could send you mine so that you look at it.
    09-07-13 06:59 PM

last night , i wipe my device , then , the blank white screen appear.. so i wait in 30 minute , still have a blank white screen . so i decide to remove the battery , and pull in back , ,after that , red LED light shown, and the blackberry , booting screen loading until 70% , suddenly my bold 9900 show the blank white screen . ! i try to google and solve my problem , but i dont find the working method ! i try to nuked my bold 9900 ,and reloading my OS using apploder , (loader.exe) , i follow the step .open DM, connect device to usb cable without bettry , but my problem is laptop no connecting to bootrom blackberry, i tried to , reinstall DM , driver , , but still , my bootroom blackberry not connected to computer , please help me ,,, helpp meeee
    Tariq Alajmi likes this.
    09-17-13 08:28 AM

last night , i wipe my device , then , the blank white screen appear.. so i wait in 30 minute , still have a blank white screen . so i decide to remove the battery , and pull in back , ,after that , red LED light shown, and the blackberry , booting screen loading until 70% , suddenly my bold 9900 show the blank white screen . ! i try to google and solve my problem , but i dont find the working method ! i try to nuked my bold 9900 ,and reloading my OS using apploder , (loader.exe) , i follow the step .open DM, connect device to usb cable without bettry , but my problem is laptop no connecting to bootrom blackberry, i tried to , reinstall DM , driver , , but still , my bootroom blackberry not connected to computer , please help me ,,, helpp meeee
    09-26-13 04:06 PM
    I have a 9930 that is locked in "user died" thread followed by a bunch of time out errors. I tried this process and the BDM stops me and says missing component need to update. So I stop the whole process in Admin mode and try to update BDM and it wont update!! Only when I have the 9930 plugged in and trying to install OS7 off a BBSAK wipe. Also the BDM never asks to update which is a step in the process. It always asks to repair first then after a few moments it asks for an update that's a whole new step. Then the whole process of missing component and ending ultimately with, "USER DIED" error message. I've tried using the apploader from the command prompt....everything...over and over. The phone was fine until I tried to update to 7.1 After that this thing is useless. There has got to be some program that will root all that BS out and allow me to do a clean install. There has to be some process like Fdisk that really will flatline the system to a place for a clean install. I have no apps to install other than what comes with the 9930. This really was my last resort so if anyone has any ideas/workarounds or even a different point of view other than, "Did you get your phone wet"? Please let me know... and thanks for reading!
    10-26-13 09:26 PM
    My issue is a bit different I get 70% of the BlackBerry load screen but it hangs for about what seems forever only to show me a "Error 507" on an all black screen.

Lots of material and video online on how to fix this error but I've found none of it has worked. I'm a pretty tech savy individual so the first thing I did was uninstall BDM and did a fresh install. Then got the latest BBOS for my wife's 9900 from our carrier. When that didn't work I uninstalled everything and tried the AppLoader route, no dice. Then I wiped the phone with BBSDK and reset to factor, still nothing.

The only thing I have not tried, is to delete all the RIM folders within the Windows filing system as the OP suggests, I'll try that tonight. My poor wife is on my old BlackBerry 9800 as a backup.

I keep telling her she can have my Z10 if I can have her carrier upgrade in order for me to get the Z30! She loves her 9900.

At what point and how can I tell this phone has become a paper weight? Just not sure how much more time I want to invest.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-28-13 07:31 AM
    Hey Carmels,

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. It's almost the same as yours except I get the 603 error code if i let it go about 30 minutes. Plus before that error code I get this list page of black text on a white screen of all the BB apps with the "Alt" in front of each line. Have no idea what that sequence is and haven't found anything online to explain it. I'm not tech stupid either but this has me really puzzled not to mention frustrated.

I did the delete folders uninstall and even went into the "reg edit" and deleted all RIM keys. Then did a fresh install...no help...same thing. Tried the BBSAK wipes JL_cmdr wipes, launching loader.exe from command prompt, launching from file manager, everything posted about my problem and still get the same dreaded screen. I'm almost to the point of giving the totally ridiculous a try - you know the voodoo witch doctor headdress with candles, face paint and chanting!! )

I bought 2 9930's off Amazon and my wife's is working but mine is the device I'm having so much trouble with. I've owned BB's for many years and started with the E7250's, the big bulky one's with the track wheel. My 9930 was working but crashed when I upgraded and now can't connect with it even through loader.exe. The computer sees it and ID's it to give me a PIN number and that's about all! I think it's some kind of proprietary ROM code from Verizon that's mucking up the process. Wish there was some way to flash those main board modules so I could set it to RIM factory defaults. I have T mobile SIMS in the phones and still have my old 9630 tours from Verizon. I think I'll just send this one back...to bad too! I like solving techno puzzles it gives me a better sense of control and understanding of my things. This has gone beyond understanding as it doesn't respond in the usual or typical ways.

If you end up solving your problem let me know and post up here....cheers!
    10-28-13 08:53 AM
    He Carmels,

I just fixed my 9930. I think the answer is posted by BergerKing toward the top of this thread. Recovering Your Dead/Nuked BlackBerry (after all other methods have failed) is a link that I followed and it ended up working. Just follow the steps exactly as he says. I didn't get past step 7 and my phone fired up! WHEW!! Anyway good luck and hope it works for you.

Cheers
    10-28-13 11:13 AM
    Hey Stixx,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try it out and let everyone know how it goes.

Still pushing for that upgrade deal with the wife, my Z10 for her upgrade to a Z30!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-29-13 04:09 PM
    Well I managed to fix my wife's 9900 using a combination of this thread and the first thread BurgerKing posted above. Here what I did to get my wife's bricked 9900 up and running again.

Uninstall BDM ( DO NOT RESTART )
    - Go to Program Files > Common Files
    - Delete "Research In Motion" folder
    - Go to Users > "Your User/Computer Name" > AppData > Roaming (Folder View Option should be set to "Show Hidden Files"
    - Delete "Research In Motion" folder , again.
    - Go One step back to "AppData" then Go to "Local" and search again for "Research In Motion" folder, Delete it!.
    - We need to make sure that after uninstalling "BlackberryDeviceManager" from the Program Installed Lists, All Programs that are related to Blackberry should also be uninstalled. "Blacberry Device Manager Software Updater" should also be uninstalled.
    - Now, RESTART your computer.
    - Then , REINSTALL BDM again. (There should be NO BLACKBERRY DEVICE CONNECTED, Take Note!)

Referenced from EngrRon's post.

Next set of instructions are from the first thread from BurgerKing's post:

1. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version. This is not supplied on your BlackBerry CD, Ref: 3 links to BlackBerry's download pages.

2. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.

Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.

Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.

Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file. (this is not required if you're using your carrier version of the OS)

3. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.

We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line interface with an option switch. This was the way all 'puters worked prior to Mcintosh and Windows.

Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command

Windows Vista: Start / Command (type this into 'start search')

How to Fix Bricked/Nuked Blackberry Bold 9900 [101% Working and Tested]-apploaderscreenshot-0.jpg

When you hit enter at the last command a forced rebuild will start. No data or setting will be saved, however, they can be recovered from a previous backup.
    NOTE: When you hit enter, you do get an option to edit what you actually want installed, for good measure I unchecked any and all unnecessary items to be loaded into the OS. This includes social feeds which has been known to cause issues for some OS updates.

4. Wait for it to finish.Thirty minutes is typical, do not interrupt it.

Once it has recovered, you can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to customize it and restore from your backup files, if you have saved them previously.

Referenced from Reed McLay's post.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
    10-30-13 10:00 PM
    can you help my phone is totally switched off and not responding
    03-02-14 08:59 AM
    Hello Ron I know newbee's like me are a pain, but I hope you realize this forum is HUGE and when you do a seach there are many threads that come up not related to the search.

That being said will this solve my problem or is there an easier way?
    I just posted a new thread.

Thanking you in advance for time and consideration. Please post your reply on my thread.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-20-14 06:00 PM
    Thanks allot buddyyy... nothing helped me except this post... Thnkyou so much brother ,,,,,,,, thums up for ur battery out n in technique n retrying
    06-05-14 02:17 PM
    I have a 9900. It worked. Then it stopped. Both batteries at 4v with multimeter. They work. Phone absolutely dead.

No lights at all, red, green nothing. not recognized on my laptop....imagine as if it is a dead piece of hardware like a rock on a beach.

best description...spontaneous death.

Tried this common trick posted on various online sites where you keep it charging then try to turn on and then repeat....I also tried to take out batteries and try to turn on. I am a bit tech oriented since I fix laptops but phones is a different ball game.

Thank you very much to all for any and all help.

Inq
    06-29-14 12:19 PM
    Been looking all night for this Thread... I saw it a day or two ago and felt the need to try it! I'll have to read the whole thing again. I saw and tried some similar solutions but the problem is that my PC can't detect my Blackberry Bold 9900. Hopefully this will work! figured I post to the thread now so I won't lose it again :-)
    10-04-14 09:00 PM
    After reading through all of the posts, I realized that one of the options I tried was the thread BergerKing posted above. Like I mentioned, my BB is not detected when I connect it to my PC. I noticed in some thread that they mentioned BDM version 4.0 to 5.0 ( I think). I'm running the latest version (7.1). Could this be part of my problem? I didn't try uninstalling BDM and deleting the remaining files yet. That will be tomorrow's project... any other suggestions?
    10-04-14 09:30 PM
    I tried uninstalling BDM and deleting the RIM files... Still no change! when I connect my device to my PC, nothing happens. I'll keep monitoring the thread for other suggestions but looks like I got a paperweight for now...
    10-05-14 04:17 PM
    very good tutorial thx THX
    12-29-14 05:57 PM
    I tried uninstalling BDM and deleting the RIM files... Still no change! when I connect my device to my PC, nothing happens. I'll keep monitoring the thread for other suggestions but looks like I got a paperweight for now...
    Did you try a different computer? Sometimes it all boils down to windows playing around and not allowing certain devices to be used. Had done numerous reinstalls (clean, not installed over) when the blackberry desktop software and/or BBSAK (when I used it) failed to even work with my BlackBerry bold 9700, 9900 and previously, pearl 8130.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    01-03-15 12:18 AM
    This guide is Amazing i only tried once and my BB 9930 is back to life!
    Thanks to EngrRon for sharing this guide, MUCH HELP!
    08-03-16 11:29 AM