I've been with RIM and Blackberry physically(having my own) since 2007 and in spirit(borrowing my uncle's) since 2003 and my love has grown with each year. I've never contemplated leaving but there were&are times like the rest of Crackberry nation that i get frustrated with RIM's timetable on things. After my Storm 2 nuked on me I went to the bold 9700 which is probably the most stable phone in my opinion but the excitement was missing. The Storm 2 brought a flare and unique touch screen experience that i loved so i took its death hard lol. Well my new Bold 9900 has me just as excited if not more. The keyboard allows typing in multiple applications seamless and fast. the liquid graphics are amazing and look fresh even after the 100th time I've picked it up in that hour. Processing speed is real nice and complimented well by the memory. I've found that if I can taper down the temptation of picking it up to just watch the scroll fluidly through the panel's the battery lasts me at least 8hr's with maybe 35-45% left with. I'm sure when the hotspot leak that increases my desire for the device has the bugs cleaned out I'll start ringing shopping for it...most likely behind my girlfriends back lol.
    11-29-11 10:58 AM
    I started with the Pearl 8100->Storm (ugly) -> Torch 9800 and then got the 9900 last week. I love the 9900. Great color, speedy, full keyboard. The only problem I had is a bite too big when using one handed. I found the call quality is much better than the 9800 and it records in HD
    11-29-11 11:05 AM
    HATE YOU lol. What can I say we are happy for you man
    11-29-11 11:17 AM
    I'm obssessed with my 9930.

I can't stop touching it.
    11-29-11 11:34 AM
    I love my 9930 also. I've had a berry since 2000!!
    11-29-11 11:36 AM
    my 1st was the 9700 and i agree with the OP it is the most stable phone, i than went to the 9800 and after a while did not like the slider feature hiding the keyboard so on launch date on AT&T i got the 9900 and too love it for a similar reason and will add that the bridged 4G experience is better than the 9800 3G experience with my Playbook. i am actually thinking on passing on the BBX phone because rumor has it will be an all touch with no keyboard and i am a keyboard fanatic...
    11-29-11 12:34 PM
    my 1st was the 9700 and i agree with the OP it is the most stable phone, i than went to the 9800 and after a while did not like the slider feature hiding the keyboard so on launch date on AT&T i got the 9900 and too love it for a similar reason and will add that the bridged 4G experience is better than the 9800 3G experience with my Playbook. i am actually thinking on passing on the BBX phone because rumor has it will be an all touch with no keyboard and i am a keyboard fanatic...
    totally agree with you !! im gonna skip out on bbx phones to unless they make one with a keyboard. i even got rid of my ipod touch cuz i couldnt stand the touch screen ! if rim only decides to make touch screen berries after bbx then i will definatley buy a second 9900 just to have as backup if my first 9900 breaks
    11-29-11 01:27 PM

Ha! I find myself texting a lot of people that I hadn't talked to in a while because of the improved keyboard.

That'd be a **** of a commercial for RIM...
    11-29-11 02:16 PM
    totally agree with you !! im gonna skip out on bbx phones to unless they make one with a keyboard. i even got rid of my ipod touch cuz i couldnt stand the touch screen ! if rim only decides to make touch screen berries after bbx then i will definatley buy a second 9900 just to have as backup if my first 9900 breaks
    The 9930 is at this time quite simply the best device for my use. Sure, some phones are better in one area or another, but none are rated as high as the 9930 overall. Here is what I dislike with the other phones,

1-Closed phones with no mods allowed. The iPhone leads the pack here, with no ability to even replace the battery. Even RIM is embracinging this thrend with the PB.
    2-No user accessible file system. Third party tools neededto access and backup your data. On the 9930, just plug the phone to a PC's USB port and the file system is there.
    3-No expandable storage with SD cards. That is a big one in my book because I don't want to pay 2x the price for storage by bying from the phone vendor. Nor do I want to discart the phone to expand. Nor do I believe in the cloud storage concept which, in my view, is designed to keep users captive and spending. The 9930 has a micro SD slot.
    4-Poor soft keyboard. The 9930 has the best physical keyboard for phones, period. Android has a couple of physical keyboard driven phones too, but they don't feel nearly as good as the 9930.
    5-Poor single hand operation, with landscape mode required. The 9930 has the best single hand operation of any phone I tested. I am typing this text right now, using one hand holding the phone while typing. Error free typing.
    6-Poor email support. Excellent email support on the 9930.
    7-Poor camera operation, with 2 hands needed. On the 9930, fine single handed operated camera and video recording
    8-Flaky GPS. On the 9930, excellent and reliable GPS navigation. On both the iPhone and the Motorola Droid, a phone reboot was occasionally needed to get the GPS going.
    9-No scroll button. I love the 9930 scroll button for pointing. I do use touch occasionally, but I find scrolling much more accurate.

Anyway, there you have some of my motivation for using a Blackberry. I also owns a Droid, 2 iPhones, and was given a Bold 9700 connected to work. I could use the iPhones since they are supported at work. But only the two Blackberry phones find daily use, with my favorite being the 9930.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-29-11 02:18 PM
    I feel fine...Just got my 9900 a week ago...put the 32gig card in it with all my music and videos and still have 14G left over for whatever is to come...
    Use it for work every day...loving the processor and the responsiveness and the display and the keyboard...
    This thing is great. I'm still on my BlackBerry honeymoon!
    Nice job, RIM...you caught me just as I was considering an iphone....so glad I stayed.
    11-29-11 02:35 PM

I agree I can't put it down. Its just so damn touchable
    11-29-11 04:56 PM

Sounds a little dirty....

But I agree.
    11-29-11 05:29 PM
    Until it bricks! I love mine too but can't help but have that fear of bricking. Hope RIM's releases a fix soon!
    11-29-11 05:57 PM
    I am very in love with mine also.
    bklynbruiser likes this.
    11-29-11 06:15 PM
    It's undoubtedly the best blackberry.
    11-29-11 08:11 PM
    The 9930 is at this time quite simply the best device for my use. Sure, some phones are better in one area or another, but none are rated as high as the 9930 overall. Here is what I dislike with the other phones,

1-Closed phones with no mods allowed. The iPhone leads the pack here, with no ability to even replace the battery. Even RIM is embracinging this thrend with the PB.
    2-No user accessible file system. Third party tools neededto access and backup your data. On the 9930, just plug the phone to a PC's USB port and the file system is there.
    3-No expandable storage with SD cards. That is a big one in my book because I don't want to pay 2x the price for storage by bying from the phone vendor. Nor do I want to discart the phone to expand. Nor do I believe in the cloud storage concept which, in my view, is designed to keep users captive and spending. The 9930 has a micro SD slot.
    4-Poor soft keyboard. The 9930 has the best physical keyboard for phones, period. Android has a couple of physical keyboard driven phones too, but they don't feel nearly as good as the 9930.
    5-Poor single hand operation, with landscape mode required. The 9930 has the best single hand operation of any phone I tested. I am typing this text right now, using one hand holding the phone while typing. Error free typing.
    6-Poor email support. Excellent email support on the 9930.
    7-Poor camera operation, with 2 hands needed. On the 9930, fine single handed operated camera and video recording
    8-Flaky GPS. On the 9930, excellent and reliable GPS navigation. On both the iPhone and the Motorola Droid, a phone reboot was occasionally needed to get the GPS going.
    9-No scroll button. I love the 9930 scroll button for pointing. I do use touch occasionally, but I find scrolling much more accurate.

Anyway, there you have some of my motivation for using a Blackberry. I also owns a Droid, 2 iPhones, and was given a Bold 9700 connected to work. I could use the iPhones since they are supported at work. But only the two Blackberry phones find daily use, with my favorite being the 9930.

I loved it, but then I hated it and then I sold it. Unless you're an avid texter/emailer, you're gonna love the phone simply for the keyboard, this phone is gonna suck for anything else. If they had taken out the crappy camera and the touch screen, I'm sure most BB 9900 lovers would not have minded. They probably would rationalize and say they have a $200 camera to take pictures with.

If you haven't already done so, you'll have to install the new OS in order to improve the battery life. It's too high maintenance for such an expensive device. It's like buying a Merceded Benz and then having to take it in for repairs all the time. Just scroll through all the issues on here.

If you're looking for cool phone features, then the Bold 9900 won't live up to it.

I sold mine and felt like I should come back and share my experience, because I would have loved if someone who left their BB 9900, came back and shared their experience with me.

I am now a proud owner of the highly rated HTC Mytouch 4G Slide which meets or exceeds almost all the quoted post's highlights, with the exception of the typing abilities. I agree, the BB beats all the rest when it comes to typing single handed or even blindfolded, but so what? There are many crappy, $19 phones out there that you can do that with.

I'm surprised the quoted poster used the camera as a highlight. The camera is by far the worst compared to the current technology.
    11-29-11 08:31 PM
    I feel fine...Just got my 9900 a week ago...put the 32gig card in it with all my music and videos and still have 14G left over for whatever is to come...
    Use it for work every day...loving the processor and the responsiveness and the display and the keyboard...
    This thing is great. I'm still on my BlackBerry honeymoon!
    Nice job, RIM...you caught me just as I was considering an iphone....so glad I stayed.
    Still on my honeymoon here and I've had mine the same day the 4s was announced. I waited and said "blah". I have not looked at another phone since. I change phones yearly, so def waiting for BBX phones, though I have to say I am totally in love with my 9930.
    11-29-11 08:43 PM
    loved it, hated it and sold it also!!! bricked twice and reloading os all the time is a joke! keyboard rocks, but the rest of the phone is the same old same old...mabe bbx will save the day..my 4s is so sweet, just wish i could jailbreak it...
    11-29-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD