View Poll Results: How do you feel about the 9900/9930?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely AWESOME!

77 58.33%
  • Very good device!

35 26.52%
  • Solid device, nothing more!

6 4.55%
  • Expectation was higher!

12 9.09%
  • So disappointed about the device! Very bad!

2 1.52%
08-19-11 01:17 AM
37 12
tools
    I'm saying it's AWESOME! Coming from a 9650 as well. Just wish the apps will catch up to the OS now. come on developers!!! haha!
    08-18-11 06:05 PM
    Amazing keyboard, horrible touchscreen

Trackpad just died today.

New one being shipped tomorrow.

I miss my 8100.

Just BS all the time
    08-18-11 06:08 PM
    Gave it a good device but i sadly returned mine today..
    08-18-11 06:16 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-18-11 06:17 PM
    Truly impressed with the phone. Coming from 9650 as well. This thing is magnificant. I have had one issue. Facebook keeps locking up. Nothing else. Either in chat, and typing messages. A tad frustrating to need to do a battery pull. However; it isn't the phone, rather the facebook application. I'll update again later after more usage. I've had mine 2 days so far and am a heavy user. So it is encouraging to see no issue. Awesome browser, speed and specs. Super happy with my choice to get this one asap. .

08-18-11 06:22 PM
    Just BS all the time
    Yep, I call BS on the trackpad fail.

08-18-11 06:33 PM
    I rated Awesome, While the lack of Auto Focus did tick me off before getting it.

Once you get it, the performance and speed of this BB automatically puts a blind shield on your eyes and you forget about AF completely!

Now there is no lag in anything, the screen animations are awesome, they keyboard is like typing on a PC, screen size is perfect, not too big, not too small! Just right! Browsing now is actually something possible! I can load the full CB site within a couple of seconds!! I could go on forever
    08-18-11 08:37 PM
    Well, I have come full circle in the last year. I went from a iPhone 3G that I had for 3 years to a 9700 last July. A few months later I went to a Torch 9800 then to an iPhone 4 after a month. Then after a couple more months I went to a 9780 then back and forth between the i4 and 9780 until recently. Sold my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago and got an Android (Motorola Atrix). Was lucky to pick up a 9900 from Rogers on the 10th and I have been hooked ever since. Sold my 9780 last night and have my Atrix up for sale. Took a long time but the 9900 is finally the device I wanted. Extremely happy with it.
    08-18-11 10:28 PM
    Best BB hands down. I love it.
    08-18-11 10:51 PM
    The front facing menu "Button" that 4 piece strips piece of trash. Wish they included the same type as found on the bold 9700 and 9780.

The battery, dont understand why they had to make it so thin as to degrade the battery. No one was complaining about thickness to that degree (but I get it, thinness is now a cool factor), but what RIM failed to realize that train has come and gone.

And lastly like everyone else, the camera.

Shame on you RIM, charging such a premium for a device that should've been out a year ago..

Aside from the obvious fails, its a good phone, and im really enjoying the 9930 I got. Oh and next time, use all the bands for data, not just 2G on this 9930 CMDA version.
    08-18-11 11:00 PM
    As my first BB, I had higher expectations. BB really falls flat hard on apps.
    08-19-11 12:58 AM
    I'm very happy, but I didn't expect every single detail to be to my specific preferences. It's solid, fast, and it's functional (I don't need a toy).

As far as apps, accessories and so forth -- it's only been out a few days, I expect there will be many coming along pretty quickly.
    08-19-11 01:17 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD