I want to go back to the factory defaults. But I think I deleted some core apps. I have tried a OS reinstall. And things like Blackberry Maps are still not there, and deleted the ability to add an internet e-mail account. Any way to completely reinstall the OS? I'm tring a downgrade from 7.1 to 7.0..
    07-10-12 02:05 AM
    - Download and install BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    - Backup your device.
    - Download a 7.0 OS of your choice.
    - Install OS on your computer.
    - Locate and delete Vendor File(s).

- Download BBSAK.
    - Install BBSAK on your computer.
    - Launch BBSAK.
    - Connect BB device to your computer.
    - Click Wipe Device on BBSAK interface.
    - Wait.
    - Phone should reboot and show an error on the screen (507 or some crap).

- Launch Loader.exe ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe").
    - Install 7.0 OS onto the device via Loader.exe.
    - Restore Backup.

That is how it is done. Please make sure that you understand and are familiar with how this needs to be done. Don't want the device ending up as a shiny paperweight.

There are other threads explaining the entire procedure - perhaps in a more detailed manner. Search for them and you should find it (Possible search queries - Downgrading OS).

All the best.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 07-10-12 at 02:22 AM.
    lewis71980 likes this.
    07-10-12 02:19 AM
    Thankyou those instructions worked a treat!!! (it was the error 507 ) I had to pull the upb cable out and reinsert it at one point during the loader.exe phase. (When it failed to reconnect to the JVM)
    07-11-12 07:22 AM
    Glad I could help.
    07-11-12 11:07 AM
    I had to pull the upb cable out and reinsert it at one point during the loader.exe phase. (When it failed to reconnect to the JVM)
    That seems to be common nowadays, with 7.0 and beyond....
    07-11-12 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD