Hello,
    So I'm using a iphone 4 (At&t) got it for a gift some time ago. Contract is not up with carrier until June 2012. I have my 9700 Blackberry Bold which I have not been using. I still have the sims card that goes into my nifty 9700.
    Dearly, wanting this Blackberry Bold 9900,waiting and waiting on At&t I took the jump and purchased a Rogers unlocked 9900. Due to arrive Thursday.

My question is how do I use my 9700 sims card for my Rogers unlocked 9900? My location (USA).

Can I just call At&t to deactivate my iphone 4 and have them reactive my old sims card and put sims card into the Rogers unlocked 9900?

Then it should work right? I really do not want to go to the At&t store?

Do I have to tell At&t that the unit is from Rogers?

I searched this forum and I could not find the exact answer to any of my questions.

Thanks in advance for any and all your answers and advise!

Love this forum!
    She
    08-15-11 11:59 AM
    Hello,
    So I'm using a iphone 4 (At&t) got it for a gift some time ago. Contract is not up with carrier until June 2012. I have my 9700 Blackberry Bold which I have not been using. I still have the sims card that goes into my nifty 9700.
    Dearly, wanting this Blackberry Bold 9900,waiting and waiting on At&t I took the jump and purchased a Rogers unlocked 9900. Due to arrive Thursday.

My question is how do I use my 9700 sims card for my Rogers unlocked 9900? My location (USA).

Can I just call At&t to deactivate my iphone 4 and have them reactive my old sims card and put sims card into the Rogers unlocked 9900?

Then it should work right? I really do not want to go to the At&t store?

Do I have to tell At&t that the unit is from Rogers?

I searched this forum and I could not find the exact answer to any of my questions.

Thanks in advance for any and all your answers and advise!

Love this forum!
    She
    First of all your SIM card from your older Blackberry has been disabled and can not be reactivated. You can throw it away.

Buy your Rogers phone and take it down to AT&T and they will put a new activated SIM with BIS services in it and you are good to go. I do this quite often so I purchased 10 full size SIM cards and 10 iPhone SIM cards so I could do it over the phone. That is an option as they do sell SIM cards on AT&T.
    slpayton01 likes this.
    08-15-11 12:06 PM
    Don't forget to unlock your phone! It's locked to Rogers out of the box.
    slpayton01 likes this.
    08-15-11 02:30 PM
    Hello,
    Follow up question: Rogers Blackberry Bold 9900 unlocked arriving Thursday!
    AT&T my carrier at this present time.
    Will they refuse or frown on providing me with a new sims card?
    Rogers logo is on this phone.
    How do I handle this after going into the At&t store?
    Will they say anything to about this phone being unlocked?
    Does this void the warranty on the phones. (unlocked)
    Yes, I am a girl, however I have learned to grow hair on my chest!
    I just do not want a hard time from At&t.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Sheila
    08-16-11 01:32 AM
    with no 3g lol
    08-16-11 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD