I just got my 9930 today , and the manual says that before I activate the phone, I first have to charge the battery. So I plugged in the usb charger to the phone and plugged it into the wall to begin charging. When I turn on the phone, all I get is a clock, no menu, nothing, just a clock. My question is how do I know when it is completed charging since all I can see is this clock and nothing else? This is my first BB so I don't have any experience with these phones.
    Last edited by chas036; 11-16-11 at 07:30 PM.
    11-16-11 07:28 PM
    Push the Back button ,then look at the top left of your screen you will see the battery icon with plug icon if your battery is fully charge

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 07:37 PM
    if you ever charge it when its off you get a pulsing yellow as it charges and then a solid green when done. Charges a bit faster when off but not much.
    11-16-11 07:43 PM
    I just got my 9930 today , and the manual says that before I activate the phone, I first have to charge the battery. So I plugged in the usb charger to the phone and plugged it into the wall to begin charging. When I turn on the phone, all I get is a clock, no menu, nothing, just a clock. My question is how do I know when it is completed charging since all I can see is this clock and nothing else? This is my first BB so I don't have any experience with these phones.
    Best way is what Charade told you, It is always best when you first get your phone to charge it overnight fully and whether you use a charging pod or not, Charge it overnight and in the off state. You will see a yellow or hey I am color blind...lol may be amber until fully charged andthen it will turn a solid green and that is it.

Lastly to condition your battery even though it is lithium and many people say you dont have to but let it run until darn near dead or your device turnd off. Recharge fully again and you will have conditioned and set your battery up to last a long time. Good luck with your new 9930... I love mine and trouble free since day 1 launch.
    11-16-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD