this grey patch/window is now covering up most of my messages and when I type an outgoing message it is in the way ... just got the 9930 and never had this problem with the 8330 ....thanks
    09-08-11 09:06 PM
    this started when I took a photo I had used for my desk top ... would this be an unrelated problem ?
    09-08-11 09:07 PM
    Screen shot please. If possible?
    09-08-11 09:07 PM
    on the 8330 I had a screen capture application ... I only have one side key now and my tasks are assigned to that and don't know how to get a screen shot at this point.
    I have one line at top in white for text address
    and I can only type text at the bottom ... the entire rest of the middle of the screen is grey.
    just started today
    09-08-11 09:16 PM
    now in trying to change the settings I can't send a test text to my hubby
    09-08-11 09:19 PM
    If you have an app that is capable of screen shots, then you should be able to hit the BB button and scroll up to Screen Capture.

CaptureIT works well, as does 6 tools and File scout Lite.

The grey screen only shows up when you are trying to compose/type a text?
    09-08-11 09:21 PM
    Upgrade your OS to latest build, this is a well documented bug in stock OS. I had it too.
    09-08-11 09:25 PM
    Always good advice, and if you do not feel comfortable doing that, I am sure that your unit is still under warranty and your carrier should replace no questions asked. Though, if Lazerus is correct, you may exchange the handset only to find that the problem also exists on your new one as well.
    09-08-11 09:28 PM
    Upgrade your OS to latest build, this is a well documented bug in stock OS. I had it too.
    I'm on 9930 7.0.0 bundle 1296

it says I am up-to-date

this is driving me batty !
    09-08-11 09:30 PM
    If you have an app that is capable of screen shots, then you should be able to hit the BB button and scroll up to Screen Capture.

CaptureIT works well, as does 6 tools and File scout Lite.

The grey screen only shows up when you are trying to compose/type a text?
    I'll have to download an app to take screen shots unless there is already one on BB 9930

Yes, just on text messages. thanX
    09-08-11 09:31 PM
    While you do some screen capturing, I'll dig for some more info...

download here OTA http://www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad

EDIT: You are using the stock SMS? Not something like CrunchSMS(Which I would recommend for sending/receiving text messages)

http://www.blackberrydownload.net/get-crunchsms.html
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-08-11 at 10:19 PM.
    09-08-11 09:51 PM
    I got screen capture down loaded (would not allow me to get the purchased variety at 99 cents-- did anyone else have App World as for permission to make purchases up to $1,500 US ?)

Anyways, got the screen captures and can't find where the jpegs are located ...
    09-08-11 10:30 PM
    Ill have to come back tomorrow ... thanks everyone. I have to get up early
    and I can't find the screen capture photos ... just learning where things on this phone. Nite
    09-08-11 10:38 PM
    Get CaptureIt. It's free. It puts the screen capture right in your Pictures folder.
    09-09-11 07:30 AM
    Use "zonashap".
    09-09-11 09:07 AM
    I got the CaptureIt to work, found the photos ... but took forever to get email from Sprint person to send to ... they did a WIPE twice. Now my BB will not mount on the desktop to restore my backup.

AND I still have the TEXT PROBLEM after two wipes. It looks like my phone is defective ... waiting for the fella to call me back at the time we have an appointment.

Will most likely have to re-activate my old phone until they send me another new one.
    09-09-11 07:07 PM
    I got the CaptureIt to work, found the photos ... but took forever to get email from Sprint person to send to ... they did a WIPE twice. Now my BB will not mount on the desktop to restore my backup.

AND I still have the TEXT PROBLEM after two wipes. It looks like my phone is defective ... waiting for the fella to call me back at the time we have an appointment.

Will most likely have to re-activate my old phone until they send me another new one.
    09-09-11 07:08 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your exchanged one will be a lot better.
    fayskelley likes this.
    09-09-11 07:19 PM
    Dude, I've seen many posts of you complaining about your BB problems. Of course you'll get these problems when you install every leaked software.
    09-11-11 03:56 AM
    Thank you everyone for your responses.... my new phone should be here this coming week. It took a while talking to various Sprint peeps as those that have BBs themselves had never experienced what I described, Sprint will not allow emails or text messages to be sent to staff working at Spring (WTF) and I got various responses til I started calling supervisors. Since I am paid ahead and have been with Sprint for over 10 years, someone paid attention and called me back and offered to "allow me" to return the phone.

Out of about 5 peeps, I had 2 duds and 3 very nice representatives. After a few days of calling they offered me $15 for my inconvenience. For the numbers of hours $500 would have been more like it, LOL, but I can dream.

Thanks again !!!!
    09-11-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD