Hello. I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 that I've been using for months with no issues. I just got internet on it and downloaded the Facebook app. Now, every few seconds, it buzzes to notify me that there are new posts in Facebook. It's not an e-mail - it's showing up on the home screen in between the volume level notifier and the search magnifying glass. It's making me crazy! Is there a way to turn this off without uninstalling FB? THanks!
    04-22-13 01:13 PM
    Just go to the settings in the FB app: you will find the options there...

04-22-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure how to access the screenshot you're showing above. Can you give me a little more detail, please?
    04-22-13 01:59 PM
    Now I found it. Sorry. But my box is already unchecked. Why am I still getting the notifications then?
    04-22-13 02:00 PM
    You may have to unsintall and re-install and while reinstalling just do not add it to trusted applications list, so it cannot do whatever it wants.
    Honestly I would just get rid of the app altogether, and just use the website.

Just go to the settings in the FB app: you will find the options there...
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/23/e6etened.jpg
    Sorry to drift OT, but may I ask,
    What are all the icons you got on your status bar? Even the signal bar looks nice, do you use a theme?
    Mine looks all flat and white, even your BT icon glows.
    04-22-13 04:17 PM
    Is it possible you're subscribed to certain ppl's posts or groups, and you're getting notifications about them, as you would on your pc?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-13 05:12 PM
    No - it's just dinging every time there are people posting. It shows the FB logo with a red asterisk in it to let me know there is new content. Know what I'm saying?
    04-22-13 05:30 PM
    I understand your problem, as I had this same issue. I never figured out how to solve this, so I just deleted the app from my phone and use the website. I prefer the website to the app anyway.
    04-24-13 10:39 AM
    So frustrating! I finally figured out how to make it stop chirping at me every time by putting the FB notifications on silent. But I can't make it stop notifying me. May have to uninstall but liked having the little icon to click instead of going into favorites every time.
    04-24-13 11:01 AM
    So frustrating! I finally figured out how to make it stop chirping at me every time by putting the FB notifications on silent. But I can't make it stop notifying me. May have to uninstall but liked having the little icon to click instead of going into favorites every time.
    Try going into Sounds for Selected Profile>Other Applications>Facebook Messages>.

From there you have options to change sounds, visual alerts, vibrations etc.
    04-24-13 11:15 AM
    go to facebook - options and you will find there : Refresh options. Set Refresh News Feed to : Never. You can also uncheck Refresh Messages (this will prevent getting notifications for private messages, i usually keep it checked though, so i'm able to see those).
    04-24-13 05:24 PM
    go to facebook - options and you will find there : Refresh options. Set Refresh News Feed to : Never. You can also uncheck Refresh Messages (this will prevent getting notifications for private messages, i usually keep it checked though, so i'm able to see those).
    Exactly... OP: Have a look at the screens I attached above, there is two screens with notification settings.

@ heading4tomorrow: I will answer you in few minutes
    04-25-13 07:11 AM
    (...)
    Sorry to drift OT, but may I ask,
    What are all the icons you got on your status bar? Even the signal bar looks nice, do you use a theme?
    Mine looks all flat and white, even your BT icon glows.
    http://gyazo.com/199f0e09c3144aba5ea...png?1366665454
    OK: here I am
    I am using the theme called MINI_Banner LIVE 10 available over in the theme section.
    BT icon was glowing, becasue I was connected to my BT headset

The icons are 3rd party apps:
    - umbrella shows countdown to my short 1 week vacation (taking advantage of 2 days official holidays next week around here ) - Target Date by Toysoft;
    - battery: of course shows the battery level - many app around, I use Six Tools by Shao, which I also use for other purposes;
    - thermometer: of course current temperature, BeWeather by Bellshare;
    - chip icon: free memory, from MeterBerry.

04-25-13 07:44 AM