Hey folks,

So, I took my phone off the charger at 4:15 p.m. today with a full battery. I listened to some music, as per usual, and it was down to 89% an hour later. Usually, the battery drops to about 94% in that time. I checked a YouTube video, deleted an app I thought was useless, updated Email++, had a 7-minute phone call, and before I knew it, I was in the low 60s by 7 p.m.

According to MeterBerry, I was losing about 22% an hour. I checked the Event Logs, but realized I had no idea WTF any of that meant. I held down my menu button and exited out of all the programs I could actually see. Eventually, I just rebooted the phone once again, turned off the signal (since I was in class) and hoped for the best.

This happened to me at random once before, about a week and a half after I got the phone, and I couldn't figure out why.

Ideally, I'm hoping there's an app that simplifies what's running, what's sucking life, and gives me some kind of master control to cut it. Or, I'll just delete the app if I feel I don't need it that badly.

Expertise and opinions welcome.

Thanks,
    Angel
    11-03-11 12:29 AM
    sure sounds like you just had some heavy useage, with little time for the phone to recover and the drainage to drop.
    11-03-11 01:03 AM
    i was also having a problem with a rapidly draining battery. i saw a post about facebook notifications draining battery life, and turned them off. That has helped somewhat, but i still think there is something else eating up my battery.
    11-03-11 01:04 AM
    Go into your Application Management under CPU, change it to This Week, Last Week and see what you're using.
    ThatsAngel likes this.
    11-03-11 01:11 AM
    I don't think there's an app to tell you what's sucking battery life, you have to figure it out for yourself by process of elimination unfortunately. If you've recently installed a new app that could be the culprit (deleting one at a time to identify the culprit), or if you've recently started using one of the social apps check that it's not updating every 30 mins. If you're a way fron a cell tower that'll drain juice more quickly, but it sounds as though you're going by your normal routine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 01:14 AM
    sure sounds like you just had some heavy useage, with little time for the phone to recover and the drainage to drop.
    But it wasn't out of the ordinary. An hour of music usually means a 6% drop. I saw almost double that. I know reboots take a lot out of the battery. I reset the discharge rate, because I didn't want the high numbers from earlier to mess with the new average during my planned inactivity.

There was one point, after a reboot, where I turned off the signal and left the phone on. The battery went from 62% to 57% in three minutes without me touching it. That doesn't make sense to me.

I was home about six hours after taking the phone off the charger with a 20% battery. No phone calls, but the icon was red by 1 a.m. It's been on the charger since.

Truthfully, there has to be an app that makes all the phone's processes and activity very clear to understand. I'm not fluent enough in RIM-enese to comprehend what's happening.
    11-03-11 01:14 AM
    Apps that keep trying or searching for internet connection will drain batt tho, from my friend's exp he had whatsapp application that drain batt and memory, he removed, did batt pull out and restarted, finally it worked like normal again. Well just sharing.
    11-03-11 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD