How do we call directly from the Bold 9900 browser os 7????????? So frustrating!!!! Used to do this on 9000.
    08-16-11 11:37 PM
    Select it normally.
    Alt+TrackPad Click for Copy
    Phone App
    Shift + trackpad Click for Paste.

I don't have one to test so..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:43 PM
    thanks, but that's too many steps. old browser allowed for it. Very frustrating!!
    08-16-11 11:51 PM
    Same in OS 6. Epic fail.
    08-17-11 12:09 AM
    Same in OS 6. Epic fail.
    It is not the same in OS6, and it is not an epic fail... it works perfectly if the phone number is hyperlinked properly by the web designers.

08-17-11 12:16 AM
    Could you give me a site as an example, all of the ones I have tried have set up their numbers as links, or they have a small link adjacent to it, and I can call by holding down on the screen, haven't found one with just a number yet.
    08-17-11 12:20 AM
    It is not the same in OS6, and it is not an epic fail... it works perfectly if the phone number is hyperlinked properly by the web designers.

Yeah, what about sites without links for numbers?
    08-17-11 12:22 AM
    Yeah, what about sites without links for numbers?
    I don't know of any phone, no matter how smart, that can distinguish numbers from plain text on a site and offer the option to call.

In cases where phone numbers aren't hyperlinked on sites, then the only option is to copy and paste the number into the phone app.
    08-17-11 02:40 AM
    I don't know of any phone, no matter how smart, that can distinguish numbers from plain text on a site and offer the option to call.

In cases where phone numbers aren't hyperlinked on sites, then the only option is to copy and paste the number into the phone app.
    I know, I have been doing it forever on my 9780...it was a joke aimed at the OP.

Wakka Wakka
    08-17-11 02:44 AM

Actually I think the iPhone can. But it just turns EVERY type of number into a phone number. I'll be on a page on my iPod touch and it will see like 1890 (a date or something) and have it hyperlinked. If I tap it, it asks if I want to add the # to my contacts...

But yah, most of the important numbers are hyperlinked (like from google/YP searches and stuff)
    08-17-11 03:06 AM
    I agree, Epic fail. I am on web pages that have hyper-linked phone numbers that do not link on OS 7. They did on my previous Bold and in my work I used it 10-15 times daily. Any suggestions on how to fix? How to get a hold of a live person at Blackberry?
    08-17-11 09:28 AM
    Any android can do this, its definitely a feature rim needs to put back into the os.

08-17-11 10:06 AM
    Android does this. It can be wrong, but it just assumes it's a phone number, which it's right most of the time.
    08-17-11 10:34 AM
    It used to work on earlier OS versions, like on my 9000. I'm fairly certain the Treos did it 10 years ago.
    08-18-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD