I started the logging a week ago because like many, I hoped to improve battery life. It took me a while to understand how the app works but once I figured it out it was clear I had two apps sucking down more battery I was comfortable with.
    In case you are unfamiliar with the app, it graphically shows your battery levels as time goes on. You can click on segments and get details on % of battery drain and top modules responsible for it.
    So every time I clicked on my declining lines I noticed that consitsently 3 apps showed on top: Astrasync, Monitor and BeBuzz. So, Astrasync I can't live without, this is how I get my work email and it is the only way for me since my company does not support Blackberries, the good news on that app is that I can shut it down when I don't need it.
    Monitor is an add on app to Astrasync that allows for notifications from Astrasync to show. To me that was not worth the drain, so I got rid of it.
    Lastly everyone knows BeBuzz, which some may argue they can't live without... So I got rid of it too... However I do love them colored LEDs so I am currently trying BuzzMe. Not enough time has gone by to really tell, but early looks seem promissing.

Anyway, happy that RIM included this in 7.1
    01-15-12 12:38 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess will spend bit of time finding out what is using most battery power on my phone, but in general with 7.1.0.190 can get through the day with no problem.

On BeBuzz side, will recommend to look into "Advanced OS and LED". It is much better than BeBuzz, and absolutely free on AppWorld. No idea how it performs on draining battery side, yet.

EDIT: Just checked the modules and for past week or so it dont apears on the top modules list. In my particular case are usually are shown net_rim_bb... modules. Couple of days shows Fancy Widgets, but on the bottom of the list - will not consider it as battery drainer. There is another module called operette$2dhifi - still cannot figure what app/service represents.
    Last edited by mtint; 01-15-12 at 02:24 AM.
    01-15-12 02:14 AM
    Name explains itself...
    Analyzer not optimizer..

is there any way to stop this battery analysis.
    cause it even eats battery...
    01-15-12 03:40 AM
    Yeah, it is a third party app that you downloaded somewhere.
    01-15-12 04:13 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess will spend bit of time finding out what is using most battery power on my phone, but in general with 7.1.0.190 can get through the day with no problem.

On BeBuzz side, will recommend to look into "Advanced OS and LED". It is much better than BeBuzz, and absolutely free on AppWorld. No idea how it performs on draining battery side, yet.

EDIT: Just checked the modules and for past week or so it dont apears on the top modules list. In my particular case are usually are shown net_rim_bb... modules. Couple of days shows Fancy Widgets, but on the bottom of the list - will not consider it as battery drainer. There is another module called operette$2dhifi - still cannot figure what app/service represents.
    I'm pretty sure this is an Opera Mini module.
    01-15-12 05:18 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into advanced LED
    01-15-12 11:45 AM
    bebuzz hasn't really affected my battery life at all. i have not upgraded to 7.1 yet, but i do not notice any significant drain with bebuzz. bebuzz is probably the only app that is constantly running on my phone, besides the 5 that are supposed to (phone bbm browser messages home)
    01-15-12 02:01 PM
    This is a Great Thread. I didn't even know this was a part of 7.1. So I'm trying it out now. Thanlks for this Post OP.
    01-15-12 03:41 PM
    Name explains itself...
    Analyzer not optimizer..

is there any way to stop this battery analysis.
    cause it even eats battery...
    Yes, there is.
    Go into device analyzer and click on the issue you selected previously. For example, battery draining too quickly, click that again and select 'stop'.
    01-15-12 03:46 PM
    So every time I clicked on my declining lines I noticed that consitsently 3 apps showed on top: Astrasync, Monitor and BeBuzz. So, Astrasync I can't live without, this is how I get my work email and it is the only way for me since my company does not support Blackberries, the good news on that app is that I can shut it down when I don't need it.
    What percent usage did you see with Monitor and BeBuzz to make you get rid of them?
    Last edited by janerblue; 01-21-12 at 06:57 AM.
    01-21-12 05:18 AM
    Does anyone knows what net_rim_bb_browser_daemon is? It is on top of Modules with the highest CPU time. Just wondering is it built in browser?
    01-21-12 05:51 AM
    I'm monitoring mine as well...just upgraded to 7.1.205 and hope it improves the ADR.can't complain much 'cause .540 was performing quite nicely.
    01-21-12 06:36 AM
    Does anyone knows what net_rim_bb_browser_daemon is? It is on top of Modules with the highest CPU time. Just wondering is it built in browser?
    This module is consistently at the top of my list as well despite me not browsing. I think that module deals with caching/cookies etc.

With both OS 7.0 and 7.1 I have found that browsing drains the battery at a rate of knots. It is a petty because browsing on the 9900 is such a pleasure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 07:03 AM
    Based on what I read, that is what it is. I haven't used the BB browser much since I started monitoring my battery usage, and net_rim_bb_browser_daemon is not showing up on my "Highest CPU Time" list.
    01-21-12 07:05 AM
    This module is consistently at the top of my list as well despite me not browsing.
    Very interesting.
    01-21-12 07:07 AM
    vcalls is always at the top of my list. I am guessing that it is "voice calls", but it shows running all night when i know im not on the phone, and is killing my battery giving me as high as 26% ADR. Have tried to reload OS, and has done nothing. VZW is sending me out a new phone hopefully that will fix the problem.
    01-21-12 09:51 AM
    I do not use browser a lot. Even this module come on top of list when am sleeping :| Seriously I don't if someone came across this and manage to fix it
    01-21-12 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD