Man I was all excited when I saw the garmin app for $10 a year. I went to download and it supports 9930 not 9900.

What gives!?

Att locks everything on a berry down but you can get that app for android or iphone?

Why the lack of love for blackberry users.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 11:34 PM
    I may be missing something here but how is this AT&T's fault if the garmin app does not support the 9900?

You would need to ask garmin why they are not supporting the 9900
    05-08-12 12:58 AM
    its so youre forced to pay $9.99 a month for at&t navigator.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-08-12 03:27 AM
    its so youre forced to pay $9.99 a month for at&t navigator.
    yeah i know, just kinda stinks that the 9900 and 9930 are the same phone other than radio and that costs you an extra $110 a year.

just stinks.

sorry i had to vent, lol
    05-08-12 11:37 PM
    yeah i know, just kinda stinks that the 9900 and 9930 are the same phone other than radio and that costs you an extra $110 a year.

just stinks.

sorry i had to vent, lol
    Verizon charges the same amount for their Navigator too. so its not like verizon users are getting away scott free.
    05-09-12 02:20 AM
    Did you try BlackBerry traffic? That's free.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-09-12 03:51 AM
    I agree! Bb traffic is amazing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-09-12 03:19 PM
    Man I was all excited when I saw the garmin app for $10 a year. I went to download and it supports 9930 not 9900.

What gives!?

Att locks everything on a berry down but you can get that app for android or iphone?

Why the lack of love for blackberry users.

Dude use Blackberry Traffic it's free and it has voice turn by turn! I have Microsoft Sync and I get the direction through my truck speakers.
    05-09-12 04:45 PM
    Another blackberry traffic user here. Works great! I love it with the NFC tag in my truck. Tap it, takes me to work, shows me traffic delays. Tap it on the way home, it takes me home and shows me traffic delays...the app is awesome. It has a lot of features.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-09-12 10:38 PM
    Another blackberry traffic user here. Works great! I love it with the NFC tag in my truck. Tap it, takes me to work, shows me traffic delays. Tap it on the way home, it takes me home and shows me traffic delays...the app is awesome. It has a lot of features.

thats genius! how can i do that? thats the first use of nfc that really grabs my interest!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 10:45 PM
    Thanks
    First, you have to set your home address into blackberry traffic...second set your work address. Home is always the first of the choices in bb traffic and work is just to the right of it.
    Then download shortcut me and use this macro...

If2 GetTime>1700;
    Then2;
    LaunchBlackberryTraffic;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Else2;
    LaunchBlackberryTraffic;Delay300;NavMoveDown1;NavM oveRight1;NavClick;EndIf2;

Because I have the If2 GetTime>1700; it knows if it is after 5:00 then its time to take me home. You can change this to any time. If you normally get off at 4, set it to 1500. (3:00, just incase you get to leave work early!) Then link it with NFC shortcuts and that's all there is to it! Works like a charm, never fails!

I live in the hot florida sun, so I was worried about the tag in my truck getting too hot and it not working, but I have never had an issue!
    05-10-12 08:07 AM
    The only problem I have is that it has no maps so if you are a visual person like me, sometimes it will be hard to follow directions.
    05-10-12 08:15 AM
    That's true. It may not help while driving but you can always open google maps or bb maps.

But bbtraffic tells you exactly how many feet away the turn is when you get close.
    I have never used it in an area that I don't know my way around though. I mainly use it for the traffic feature.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-10-12 08:19 AM
    Yes I do use blackberry traffic a lot but when your in a city with weird directional roads like slight rights and straights and slight lefts all at the same intersection a map would be good to see rather than having to slow down to see a sign to make sure I'm on the right road.

Don't get me wrong I love bb traffic but a map would turn this berry into a gem.

As for an above poster yes you have to pay 9.99 a month for vz maps but you can also just pay the 10 a year for the garmin app through appworld. Having that luxury of choice is what I would like to have.

05-13-12 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD