Hello all

I am buy a used 9900 but i am not sure how old that hand set is ?

I found two ways to check life timer...
    1. Press Shift+Alt+H
    it tells uptime of set means time since last shutdown.

2. Go to option. status and type "BUYR" it tells in data in KBs and i am unable to understand that...can any one please tell me how can i check life timer on hand means how old that hand set is..........
    05-30-12 04:32 AM
    I wanna know too, When i was on Nokia i knew that, hope someone will answer it.
    05-30-12 05:13 AM
    Hello all

I am buy a used 9900 but i am not sure how old that hand set is ?

I found two ways to check life timer...
    1. Press Shift+Alt+H
    it tells uptime of set means time since last shutdown.

2. Go to option. status and type "BUYR" it tells in data in KBs and i am unable to understand that...can any one please tell me how can i check life timer on hand means how old that hand set is..........
    After your typing "BUYR" it shows you Data Usage (in KBs), but if you scroll down and it will show you total Voice Usage (e.g. 1:22:13:55).
    Hope this is what you were looking for.
    nieedo3 and flyingsolid like this.
    05-30-12 05:53 AM
    You can't find out how old the handset is from software on the phone. You'll have to look for the manufacture date on the sticker under the battery, or on the box.
    05-30-12 07:11 AM
    The Blackberry service program will show you some date info, but that program is a proprietary program run on a PC and not normally available to the public.

This program will show build date and time. I assume the build date is when the circuit board is made and the date on the box is probably closer to when they were assembled or packaged.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-30-12 at 08:08 AM.
    05-30-12 07:40 AM
    This information is reserved for RIM, not us.
    05-30-12 07:53 AM
    Answer is very simple...
    When RIM launches some device.
    It is initial release or 1st release, hence check release date of device.
    Or
    Second lot after 4-8 months: so add 4-8 months to release date.
    If you are buying very old model then see EOL (end of life) date and subtract with release date +/- 6-9 months.
    buyr give good idea of device usage in terms of data and voice.
    05-30-12 01:37 PM
    As you said it will show voice usage e.g. (1:22:12:55) whats does it mean? (DD:HH:MM:SS) ?
    11-28-12 03:44 AM
    As you said it will show voice usage e.g. (1:22:12:55) whats does it mean? (DD:HH:MM:SS) ?
    Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds
    nieedo3 likes this.
    11-28-12 05:47 AM
    how can i konw my mobile usage time.
    01-18-14 05:46 AM
    #3 in this thread.
    01-18-14 06:08 AM
    Data portion of this "Buyers Remorse" (by typing BUYR) returns to zero every time you reset the device.
    Talk time seems to stay, so it should be a good indication of the age of the device (only in terms of how long the previous owener used it as a phone).
    01-18-14 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD