I'm having some trouble with 540. How can I downgrade? I tried deleting the vendor.xml file but it didn't seem to work!
    11-22-11 12:24 AM
    Is there more than one vendor.xml to delete? I know later builds of BB6 have two, and both have to be deleted.
    11-22-11 09:21 AM
    If you are using a windows machine go to control panel and uninstall 7.0.0.540. Back up all your data with Blackberry Desktop Manager. Back up your apps if you need to with BBSAK or something similar. Wipe your device. Make sure 7.0.0.503 is installed on your computer. Install and restore.
    11-22-11 09:26 AM
    Is there more than one vendor.xml to delete? I know later builds of BB6 have two, and both have to be deleted.
    When I upgraded to .540, there were two vendor.xml files to delete. Afterwards, the upgrade worked. They were located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    C:\Users\Epichero\Appdata\(some sub-folder)

Now, I can't find the second one.

If you are using a windows machine go to control panel and uninstall 7.0.0.540. Back up all your data with Blackberry Desktop Manager. Back up your apps if you need to with BBSAK or something similar. Wipe your device. Make sure 7.0.0.503 is installed on your computer. Install and restore.
    How do I wipe my device?
    11-22-11 11:21 AM
    [QUOTE=Epichero;6871671]When I upgraded to .540, there were two vendor.xml files to delete. Afterwards, the upgrade worked. They were located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    C:\Users\Epichero\Appdata\(some sub-folder)

Now, I can't find the second one.
    You can wipe the device with the program mention above. When you connect your phone to the computer, it should get recognized and then you can delete all files in the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 11:28 AM
    How do I wipe my device?
    You can use BBSAK but it's really not necessary. Once you get the new OS installed on your PC, and you've removed the vendor.xml files, just launch loader.exe. It will backup your data, wipe the device, install the new OS, and restore your data.

The link in my signature gives a good step by step on using the loader method.

BBSAK can be found here: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Download the app, install to your PC and on one of the tabs is a radio button Wipe Device or something that effect.

As for the second vendor.xml, just search your harddrive for that file name, if I recall correctly, it's in one of the Documents and Settings subfolders.

edit: I was right....C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml
    11-22-11 12:39 PM
    I just find wiping my device before an install saves a lot of headaches later. When I say wipe the device I mean all third party apps and all data. Reinstalling all your apps after a device wipe can be time consuming if you have a bunch of them. I don't have any issues reloading software. I suspect some of the 9900's/9930's that are being nuked are a result of OS upgrades not loading as they should with Blackberry Desktop Manager loading the third party apps. Thats a subject to further discuss for the multitude of threads already littering this forum though...lol.
    11-22-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD