I have been trying and still cant figure this one out Please Help!!!
    08-20-12 12:18 PM
    I'm not sure if you can ?! I've only ever seen that option for email messages.
    08-20-12 12:24 PM
    is missing that and i think it will be great if we could do it
    08-20-12 01:54 PM
    I have been trying and still cant figure this one out Please Help!!!
    This isn't quite as automatic as an auto signature, but works very well for me. Copy your desired signature and create an entry under Word Substitution. Assign it a quick, easy to remember code (I use "esg")that isn't a real word. Then, at any place you need the signature, just type that code, followed by a space and your signature will be added.

As I have 4 email accounts on my device, I've stopped using the auto signatures completely. I set up a word substitution for 4 different signatures and pop them in as required.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-20-12 04:39 PM
    +1 for autotext. Multiple addresses for business and personal use make different sigs a necesity for me. Autotext makes the process easy.
    08-20-12 06:29 PM
    one of my fave tips to recommend for multiple signatures, and for Autotext / WordSubstitution in general is to make the keystrokes easy and quick: Three letter "codes" or "shortcuts" work great.

Use a double keystroke as the first part of the "code" or "shortcut", that is relative to the main feature - a signature for example would be "ss-". The third letter is relative to the "variable" ("--v") - in this case the email domain.

If you have 4 signaturees (one for BBmail, one for GoogleEmail, one for CorporateEmail, and one for YahooEmail) your AutoText/WordSubstitution shortcuts could be "ssb" "ssg" "ssc" and "ssy", of course followed by the spacebar to effect the substitution. For my corporate email I don't use "c" I use my company name / domain Lokring: "l" so "ssl".

I do similar for usernames and passwords : "uux" and "ppx" for website X, "uuy" and "ppy" for website Y, etc. (my BB is password protected.)

Keep in mind, your combinations may duplicate some common abbreviation or acronym, so be prepared to simply hit the delete key to cancel the substitution and go with the directly typed abbreviation or acronym. for example entering "BR"+"space" gives you a left parenthesis, but I often use it to abbreviate Baton Rouge as BR (press and hold caps). After getting the left paren, simply hit the delete key and the entry returns to "BR" with a space after . . . go try it. By the way, "bbr" is my shortie for "Baton Rouge", "nno" for "New Orleans", "nna" for New Orleans Airport", "nnf" for "French Quarter", "nnb" for "Bourbon Street" - you get the picture.

Lot's of people complain about AutoText/WordSub giving them things they don't want, get this off my phone, BB sucks, when all they have to do is hit the delete key once and its all GOOD!

AutoText/WordSub better be there on BB10!!!!
    08-20-12 07:14 PM
    +1 for Word Sub, you can write a whole 1000 essay with two letters and a space!
    08-20-12 07:22 PM
    +1 for Word Sub, you can write a whole 1000 essay with two letters and a space!
    so, you're on to my "wwt" WordSub tutorial shortcut . . .
    08-20-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD