You take care of 50 emails during a "comfort-break" and save your clients (presumably) money by saving seconds with shortcuts? I'm sure I receive more emails than you per day. I'm also sure I sit on more boards than you. When you are at that level, you have someone who brings to your attention the most important emails (presumably your assistant).

I have to say, if Mike L and Jim B think the same way, there is a reason why RIM is going down the tubes.

Sorry. Something about your arrogant post just doesn't sit right with me. On that note, I love my Blackberry 9900. Let's just love it for what it is. Innovative it is not.
    Thank you for putting him in his place. His arrogance hasn't sat well for me with for years.

Whether you created this account just to rip on him anonymously or not, you raise a valid point. Remember this? This "joke" is spot on with how BB users see themselves.

Last edited by McatMadness; 08-14-11 at 01:55 AM.
    08-14-11 01:50 AM
    Once a week? That's fine except that I know that BB's still experience random reboots, not to mention the fact that you have to reboot it any time that you install something (for some reason). 500 times? OK, and how much time are you really saving? I can set up shortcuts on my screen to achieve the same things just as fast. And what are billable hours anyway? Everything that I do is unlimited anyway.
    I have never had a randomn reboot through 3 devices, but then again maybe I don't have as many apps as some, and therefore don't have to reboot as much as you think people do. I only install about 10 apps total and save the reboot for the last one.
    Not much of a big deal.
    08-14-11 01:53 AM
    I doubt I was the problem. I set it up the way I was told to.

If I forgot to do something more complicated to set it up properly than that sucks.

It wasn't you! i have respect for iphone to a degree but android sucks(personal experience). everyone of my wifes android phones have suck. email can take up to a day to come in if they come at all. freezing happens a lot on her phone. and this is a newly released phone with 1ghz processor. i truly believe android is overrated. im waiting on tmobile to get the iphone thats what she wants.
    08-14-11 02:02 AM
    To answer the OP:

Steps to take:
    1. Try typing on a touch screen
    2. Try typing on a blackberry
    3. /closethread
    Its really not that hard to type on a touch screen especially on an iphone, I dare say I type faster on an iphone accurately.......I would rather type on a blackberry though
    08-14-11 05:50 AM
    Its really not that hard to type on a touch screen especially on an iphone, I dare say I type faster on an iphone accurately.......I would rather type on a blackberry though
    If you sit at a desk maybe, try walking down the street or as a passenger in a moving car/bus/train etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 05:54 AM
    If you sit at a desk maybe, try walking down the street or as a passenger in a moving car/bus/train etc

I have no trouble typing on a touch screen in those situations, but thats just me
    08-14-11 06:00 AM
    I have no trouble typing on a touch screen in those situations, but thats just me
    can you type while not seeing at the screen of a iPhone or Android ? ..just lyk we do in computers.
    08-14-11 06:11 AM
    can you type while not seeing at the screen of a iPhone or Android ? ..just lyk we do in computers.
    Never tired it....you may have gotten me on that one though
    08-14-11 06:16 AM
    Why would you need to?
    08-14-11 06:16 AM
    If typing (thus physical keyboard) is so important then android and iphone will never sell.
    Nokia e-serious and bb8830 rule the earth..

so the market proves otherwise; that you can actually type on touchscreen, use swype, and that you may not have to chat your self to death everyday. Better read than chat.

Now no one wants nokia e-series, bb candybars are going down in use, and millions of touchscreen phones sold every month.
    08-14-11 06:18 AM
    Lmao pushing r for reply on a BB or pushing the word reply on an Android are the same amount of steps.

hh72385 likes this.
    08-14-11 06:19 AM
    Lmao pushing r for reply on a BB or pushing the word reply on an Android are the same amount of steps.

hahaha very true!
    08-14-11 06:23 AM
    People can say whatever they want. To me an iPhone doesn't feel like a phone. It feels like a toy for grownups that allows you to talk with people.

Plus, I was never a fan of touch screen and will never be (need the physical keyboard).

It's just a BlackBerry organizes your stuff in an amazing way! No phone can replicate that.

Sure, there are 34223424234234 apps in the "App Store" but honestly, are you going to use all of them? And besides, wouldn't you rather have less app to worry about?

My 2 cents.
    That is exactly how I feel. I have looked at the iPhone (a lot of coworkers have gone that route) and it does not feel right, the size of the unit, the touchscreen and it's not as intuitive as my 9650. Yes there are many apps the BB doesn't offer, but they offer everything in a phone I need. In the end it's is really a personal choice......and for me it's Blackberry.
    08-14-11 06:39 AM

Do you have a button for forward, reply all find in email or flag for follow up? Or a button to take you back to where you last read the email if you had to close it before you finished reading it?

Didn't think so.

08-14-11 06:39 AM
    What about the issue that BBs are global in nature. I travel overseas and the BB has never failed me. So many of the Verizon phones are not global (i.e. IPhone). And even when you get a global ready phone they seem to always require some sort of manipulation to start working. My BB is sort of like point and shoot camera. Not the best camera in the world, but does what you need it to without much fuss.
    08-14-11 06:40 AM
    Not the best camera in the world, but does what you need it to without much fuss.
    If both cameras are the same price, I'd prefer the best camera in the world. But that's just me.
    08-14-11 06:45 AM
    If both cameras are the same price, I'd prefer the best camera in the world. But that's just me.
    in his analogy I think you missed that the Best Camera in the world can't take pictures anywhere in the world.
    08-14-11 06:47 AM
    in his analogy I think you missed that the Best Camera in the world can't take pictures anywhere in the world.
    Yes, because everyone knows that BB's are the only global phones in the world.
    08-14-11 06:49 AM
    Yes, because everyone knows that BB's are the only global phones in the world.

That wasn't the analogy,

I've said it in the thread that the BlackBerry isn't the phone for everyone, but your remark that "if they both cost the same I'll take the best phone please" was a snide shot at his analogy yet you missed the point.
    08-14-11 06:52 AM
    That wasn't the analogy,

I've said it in the thread that the BlackBerry isn't the phone for everyone, but your remark that "if they both cost the same I'll take the best phone please" was a snide shot at his analogy yet you missed the point.
    Actually, I think that you missed MY point. I completely understood his analogy, but I countered with the fact that if the only leg you have to stand on is the fact that it's global, other manufacturers make global phones also.
    08-14-11 06:57 AM
    One thing aabout emailing in my blackberry is the lack of IMAP
    IOS does this pretty well

08-14-11 07:24 AM
    Plain and outright Blackberry is good at what they do. I have never had a problem with email on any of my BB's period. Push is very well done. And yes I concede that some improvements are made with the competition in the that regard. However, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail seem to work better on the BB then Android or iOS. Both more often then not refresh at set intervals and do not arrive in real time. BB messenger is a big sell point. It works and works well. Facebook and Twitter also push very well. I had the refresh rates on these at 15 min. intervals on my old 3GS and my Evo 4G. Widgets are fun, but again a bit a lag so to speak due to no true push. Battery on Android is bad but certain models are better than others. Whoever says that iPhone has good battery life is kinda BS in my experience, I am a power user. Having said that I had to have a power case on my iPhone to make it through the day. iOS is very restrictive, everyone knows that. Android is great just not for me in the end. I need my phone to do things pretty accurately and BB is more than capable. iOS has resorted to copying BB Messenger and the Android Notifications. And to be honest RIM has stepped up the game with the Bold 9900/9930. I don't believe spec's make the phone, If that were true, Android would dominate. But I don't think you need a dual core on a BB. Not yet anyway, LOL
    08-14-11 07:35 AM
    Gmail seem to work better on the BB then Android
    I just had to single this statement out so that I could just say, "WOW!".

I don't believe spec's make the phone, If that were true, Android would dominate.
    And as far as OS's are concerned, Android is dominating.
    08-14-11 07:47 AM
    It wasn't you! i have respect for iphone to a degree but android sucks(personal experience). everyone of my wifes android phones have suck. email can take up to a day to come in if they come at all. freezing happens a lot on her phone. and this is a newly released phone with 1ghz processor. i truly believe android is overrated. im waiting on tmobile to get the iphone thats what she wants.
    Not sure what you're on about mate. I had a BB then used Android for a year. It was great. Yes it lagged and froze from time to time but that was more often than not due to buggy OS. I've since come back to BB because I missed the QWERTY KB on the 9000. Still play with the android from time to time and with the current OS it's 95+% lag and freeze free. Every phone has its moments of lagging and freezing.

08-14-11 07:52 AM
    Plain and outright Blackberry is good at what they do. I have never had a problem with email on any of my BB's period. Push is very well done. And yes I concede that some improvements are made with the competition in the that regard. However, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail seem to work better on the BB then Android or iOS. Both more often then not refresh at set intervals and do not arrive in real time. BB messenger is a big sell point. It works and works well. Facebook and Twitter also push very well. I had the refresh rates on these at 15 min. intervals on my old 3GS and my Evo 4G. Widgets are fun, but again a bit a lag so to speak due to no true push. Battery on Android is bad but certain models are better than others. Whoever says that iPhone has good battery life is kinda BS in my experience, I am a power user. Having said that I had to have a power case on my iPhone to make it through the day. iOS is very restrictive, everyone knows that. Android is great just not for me in the end. I need my phone to do things pretty accurately and BB is more than capable. iOS has resorted to copying BB Messenger and the Android Notifications. And to be honest RIM has stepped up the game with the Bold 9900/9930. I don't believe spec's make the phone, If that were true, Android would dominate. But I don't think you need a dual core on a BB. Not yet anyway, LOL
    I agree with you, BB notification system is 2nd to none. FYI you're able to get push email on your iphone using a gmail acct ( not sure about yahoo). Everyone copies from each other, so you get no points for that. There are a lot of features i wish rim would copy from ios/android/winmo7. BB messenger was a big sell point. Consumers want more than push email & bb messenger. While using other platforms i learned that i can download larger email attachments( pdf files...etc..) download full albums, free turn by turn navigation, download better quality apps, and a host of other things, that i can only dream of doing on my bb. I admit the 9900 looks attractive, but it's not enough to make me switch back over. Hopefully the qnx devices rock....
    08-14-11 07:54 AM
209 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD