I submitted an email to RIM about my desire to become a field tester for the newer phones that are released, especially this Bold 9900. I also inquired with my carrier (AT&T). Does anyone have any success stories where they were able to do this outside of being employed by your carrier or RIM?
    05-20-11 10:14 AM
    i have no idea..my carrier is crap though..so they might get the 9900 in 2 yrs or so :\
    05-20-11 10:42 AM
    my guess is that beta/field tester isnt an entry level job as far as hardware goes.
    05-20-11 10:46 AM
    you can become a reliability engineer for RIM, get a job for a carrier in the right department, or keep dreaming.

It isnt easy to become one, and it isnt just something you request, it something you earn.
    05-20-11 10:49 AM
    i believe being a ember of their alliance program could benifit, but youd need top level membership which isnt cheap to attain
    05-20-11 10:59 AM
    Buy a playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    raremage, howarmat and simsim like this.
    05-20-11 12:16 PM
    I submitted an email to RIM about my desire to become a field tester for the newer phones that are released, especially this Bold 9900. I also inquired with my carrier (AT&T). Does anyone have any success stories where they were able to do this outside of being employed by your carrier or RIM?
    You should probably start by not mixing up the terms, what you actually want to be is an external beta tester, whereas a field tester is usually another name for a field test engineer i.e. an actual technical position in a company.
    05-20-11 02:37 PM
    So for AT&T you have to work in the network side and be invited to be a tester. Most regions need more testers but it is voluntary and its demanding, the lists of tests and things you need to do is long and time consuming and because there are not enough testers we're usually testing 2 or 3 phones at a time...

PG
    05-21-11 07:25 PM
    Buy a playbook.

sadly those were the exact words that popped in my head
    05-21-11 08:03 PM
    Buy a playbook.

Ha!

Too funny.
    05-25-11 12:08 PM
    To test OS' for RIM is via invite only.
    05-25-11 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD