Hello all, I have a blackberry bold 9900, got it 3 months ago.
    My problem is that all youtube videos played through m.youtube.com play on really low qaulity like 240p, but then when i type the video title in the google and play it through google search it plays high quality. i've experimented on the same phone, but ya its really inconvenient for me to type in the video title every time to watch a video so can anyone help me?
    Also this has never happened to me before, videos would play perfectly fine on high quality throguh m.youtube.com, but just since yesterday this has been happening.
    I also noticed the change between the HD video url and the low quality video url.
    The high quality video url when i play is somethinig like r1.somethingsomething.com
    but the low quality video url is like rtsp:v2.cache.com
    anybody experiencing this problem? and also it says that my vpn status on wifi diagnostic that vpn profile is not found if that has to do with anything
    01-17-13 09:33 PM
    You have to edit the url, or bookmark YouTube, or you can click here:

Scroll down and click here:

Then finally, scroll way way down, and click here:

01-17-13 10:57 PM
    You can also connect to a WAP and that'll solve the issue if you're around Wi-Fi. If not, then what Wulf said is the only other way, unfortunately. Kinda inconvenient and I hope it's different on BB10 devices.
    01-18-13 12:42 AM
    I didn't know there was a better quality option than the You Tube icon that 9900 /9930 was released with. I would assume or hope that You Tube would want the best quality easily assesible.
    01-18-13 01:22 AM
    The YouTube icon just launches m.youtube.com. It doesn't affect the quality of videos or anything else.
    01-18-13 01:54 AM
    if i go to desktop and try watching videos. all it is, is just a black screen and doesnt play
    01-20-13 04:56 PM
    Most play with no issue.

01-20-13 05:20 PM
    Is full scrEen not available??
    01-20-13 10:18 PM
    Yes, you zoom.

01-20-13 10:49 PM
    Does your wifi connection matter? I'm certain a few weeks back the quality was awesome. Has youtube changed something?
    01-21-13 01:26 PM
    It used to automatically redirect you to the HQ version of the vid if you were on Wi-Fi. Now it doesn't seem to matter. I'm assuming something is going on behind the scenes because I haven't changed a thing on my phone and just a couple days ago I noticed that I can't access HQ vids on Wi-Fi from the mobile YouTube site. Kind of pissing me off. I'm slowly understanding why people have left BB in the dust. BB10 better have the option for HQ vids.
    01-21-13 06:50 PM
    It used to automatically redirect you to the HQ version of the vid if you were on Wi-Fi. Now it doesn't seem to matter. I'm assuming something is going on behind the scenes because I haven't changed a thing on my phone and just a couple days ago I noticed that I can't access HQ vids on Wi-Fi from the mobile YouTube site. Kind of pissing me off. I'm slowly understanding why people have left BB in the dust. BB10 better have the option for HQ vids.
    Yes, it's RIM's fault Google is messing with Youtube.
    01-22-13 08:25 AM
    I didn't say that. I've gotta be one of the biggest BB fans out there. Rogers offered me absolutely any phone I wanted for free with my new contract and I said no, I'll wait for BB10. I didn't know Google was messing with the servers. Might be a permanent thing since it's still not giving me HQ vids?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-22-13 09:31 AM
    IDKWTFBBQ is going on. Frankly, I don't usually listen to music on Youtube. Can't multitask while listening.
    01-22-13 09:59 AM
    Sometimes I like to watch vids on the bus when I'm on my way home. I make a daily commute of an hour on the bus both ways. That's 2 hours I need to kill! Haha
    01-22-13 03:01 PM
    Sometimes I like to watch vids on the bus when I'm on my way home. I make a daily commute of an hour on the bus both ways. That's 2 hours I need to kill! Haha
    May I suggest Words With Friends?

Whoops! That won't work.

Read the NY Times?

Blah! Not fit for a bird cage.

Talk to other passengers?

Could get stabbed.

Download movies?

Bloody FBI will catch ya.

I see your issue
    01-22-13 03:54 PM
    ive found a temporary solution that was posted by someone else on blackberry forums
    Somebody found a solution on another post:

Say you want to play this video in HD:
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
    In my case, if I click it, it'll play in 240p, once again.
    BUT, if you remove the "m." before youtube.com, and remove "/#" after .com, it'll load up in better quality.
    So the above link would change to:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
    That should fix the problem for now, until someone finds a permanent fix.
    Last edited by robdesterb92; 01-25-13 at 07:12 PM. Reason: the url needs to be shown
    01-25-13 07:11 PM
    ive found a temporary solution that was posted by someone else on blackberry forums
    Somebody found a solution on another post:

Say you want to play this video in HD:
    YouTube
    In my case, if I click it, it'll play in 240p, once again.
    BUT, if you remove the "m." before youtube.com, and remove "/#" after .com, it'll load up in better quality.
    So the above link would change to:
    Hopsin - ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5 - YouTube
    That should fix the problem for now, until someone finds a permanent fix.
    Works but only for Wi-Fi. Too bad. Thanks though! Nice find.
    01-26-13 12:46 PM