I'm running the last official Verizon 9300 OS and the phone has been solid since I picked it up on release day. In the last two weeks, however, I've started to see the "hourglass of " pop up when I'm changing screens or apps. For example, if I end a call and then try to see the new text messages I've received, I'll get the circular clock spinner that completely freezes the devices. Sometimes it last 15 seconds, sometimes a minute.

I've tried to replicate the problem and haven't been able to isolate the culprit. I'm on BES and have very little installed other than Facebook. Anybody else experiencing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 04:29 PM
    I had the same, have quite a few apps on though and seemed to pinpoint it to a screen lock programme.

Ive disabled it (still installed, just not running) and its ok again now.

It could be incompatibility between 2 apps I guess (certainly in my case, as I have quite a few)

Steve
    12-24-11 06:03 PM
    I'm running the last official Verizon 9300 OS and the phone has been solid since I picked it up on release day. In the last two weeks, however, I've started to see the "hourglass of " pop up when I'm changing screens or apps. For example, if I end a call and then try to see the new text messages I've received, I'll get the circular clock spinner that completely freezes the devices. Sometimes it last 15 seconds, sometimes a minute.

I've tried to replicate the problem and haven't been able to isolate the culprit. I'm on BES and have very little installed other than Facebook. Anybody else experiencing this?

When is the last time you pulled the battery?

Is memory cleaner enabled?

Do you clear your browser cache?

You must reboot your phone when you install an app or delete one or the hour glass will appear.

Do you hold down your menu key to make sure there are no apps open than the core five?

Try all these things and I bet you will never see that hour glass again.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-25-11 01:25 AM
    I've done all of that many, many times. I'm down to the core 5 running and beginning to suspect that What's App may be to blame. I've uninstalled it for now and will see if that's to blame.

12-25-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD