Yesterday I went with my nieces trick or treating and I brought my playbook. They wanted to hear scary noises while we walked house to house so I used the playbook to browse you tube and play sounds the whole night. The way I was able to do this was using their dads phone as a hotspot. I know 9930 doesn't have that feature but is it possible with a software update?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 05:33 AM
    If you have the 9930 and a Playbook why not use Blackberry Bridge? Or use tethering.

From what I have read about WiFi hotspot, it depends on your service provider and software for the 9930. I am not 100% sure. But you came to the right place to ask that question, there are a lot of smart people here.
    11-01-11 06:40 AM
    Check out this! Just saw it on main Crackberry page. http://m.crackberry.com/mobile-hotsp...rch-9810-os-71

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 07:06 AM
    I hope that comes to our next update. I tried using bridge but it did not seem like it was fast enough you tube videos kept skipping. When i tried that hotspot it was no lag near perfect.
    11-06-11 12:49 PM
    It should be in a future release but I doubt it will be in the next one... My guess is that we don't see this before Christmas...

PG
    11-06-11 12:57 PM
    It will be out soon... The OS 7.1 suppose to be out by the end of November with the wifi hotspot. However, this feature is service books controlled. If your provider won't include this under regular BIS plan like Bell and Telus, you may have to pay to get it to work.
    11-06-11 01:10 PM
    It will be out soon... The OS 7.1 suppose to be out by the end of November with the wifi hotspot. However, this feature is service books controlled. If your provider won't include this under regular BIS plan like Bell and Telus, you may have to pay to get it to work.
    Where did you read end of November? Not from RIM or anyone credible I assume...

11-06-11 01:14 PM
    Where did you read end of November? Not from RIM or anyone credible I assume...

RIM reps for Western Canada Mobile training plus Telus network guys. I work there... But remember RIM always have unexpected issues before they release. The target is at the end of Nov, but I think it will be mid Dec knowing how stupid RIM works.
    11-06-11 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD