This video from the Blackberry World of a Blackberry rep clearly states that there there is Hotspot (that they are currently running it) and 4G

Video: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 hands-on | MobileSyrup.com
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    07-20-11 01:27 PM
    i think the rep misunerstood the question in thst video and thought they were asking if the phone was currently connected to a "hotspot".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 01:52 PM
    Think a major carrier will miss an opportunity to charge you money for something that sould be free? And pass on an opportunity to load your precious apps space with advertisements for said services?

In a word "NO".
    07-20-11 04:35 PM
    lol exactly. just peek into the playbook forum to see how at&t handled bridge app.

07-20-11 07:19 PM
    Well, news about the hotspot feature has been non-existent lately, but there are many sources from a few months ago that stated this would be a feature of the next BB OS. Here's some screenshots and slides from a presentation on it:

Upcoming BlackBerry OS 6.1 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Features - BerryReview
    07-20-11 11:48 PM
    i don't know if this article is true about bluetooth not playing nice with the hotspot. i use a 4G hotspot (via the charge) to connect to an ipod touch and stream radio through my car sometimes....and the ipod touch still connects to my car with no problems.

Well, news about the hotspot feature has been non-existent lately, but there are many sources from a few months ago that stated this would be a feature of the next BB OS. Here's some screenshots and slides from a presentation on it:

Upcoming BlackBerry OS 6.1 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Features - BerryReview
    07-21-11 08:56 AM
    I played with a 9900 quite extensively yesterday. It was a Rogers branded unit. It had hotspot. You know the network connection area where we can currently check or uncheck wireless network, bluetooth, and wifi? Well now there's one more thing you can check or uncheck-- hotspot. Very exciting

07-21-11 08:17 PM
    I can tell you that I have an unbranded 9900 with bands 1,2,5,6 which are the 3G bands for AT&T, Rogers and Telus. There is no such feature on my device. When I view the "Manage Connections" my options are Mobile Network, WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC. I've spoken with others who are also using the 9900 and they do not have the feature either.
    07-21-11 08:26 PM
    It was clearly there on the unit I played with. The unit belonged to a Rim person. I also messed with the all touch unit. That too had the feature. I'll snap a pic of the screen tomorrow if he allows me to show you

webadpro likes this.
    07-21-11 10:08 PM
    It was clearly there on the unit I played with. The unit belonged to a Rim person. I also messed with the all touch unit. That too had the feature. I'll snap a pic of the screen tomorrow if he allows me to show you

Any update about this?
    08-05-11 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the clarification, though there's still quite a bit of confusion on this subject.
    08-05-11 10:51 PM
    I played with a 9900 quite extensively yesterday. It was a Rogers branded unit. It had hotspot. You know the network connection area where we can currently check or uncheck wireless network, bluetooth, and wifi? Well now there's one more thing you can check or uncheck-- hotspot. Very exciting
    The one more thing is "Near Field Communication".
    08-06-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD