being busy on the balcony with some big plates, The wind catches me and i lost my weight. Like in a slapstick movie i feld backwards over some stuff wat was just standing there. My bold 9900 dropped out of my pocket and was balancing over the edge. After the seconde i was thinking how lucky i am, The phone dropped down for 3 levels. This is the result.

well, it's still working and the touchscreen is still acting normal. but hey its not that sexy anymore.. What to do?
    01-12-12 06:50 AM
    Yikes. Sorry for your loss. At least we know the screen is glass now.
    01-12-12 06:57 AM
    Ouch. Do you have insurance?

Btw, what did it fall on? Concrete I assume? Good luck with a replacement, and again, sorry!

Btw... just wondering, does the device still work at all? I have friends with iPhones whose touchscreens look worse than that and they still work... (not that you would want to use it of course)
    01-12-12 07:01 AM
    The touch screen is still working indeed. But its a bit like a woman. When it looks like new you want to touch it more often
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    01-12-12 07:06 AM
    concrete indeed. well its a quality phone i can say. 3 levels drop, and only the screen is broken.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    01-12-12 07:07 AM
    Not sure if its possible to do on a device that banged up, but isn't there a way to just replace the screen without having to replace the device?
    01-12-12 07:12 AM
    So replace the screen!
    01-12-12 07:12 AM
    OUCH!! For a replacement screen try, thingsforblackberry.com. They might have what you need or your insurance might replace the phone
    01-12-12 07:20 AM
    Well because only the screen is broken, i can replace it right now in a store nearby. they ask 90 euro's. is that a normal price?
    01-12-12 07:37 AM
    Well because only the screen is broken, i can replace it right now in a store nearby. they ask 90 euro's. is that a normal price?
    Yahh cuz we live in dutchieland and everything in dutchieland is expensive. But for a phone that still costs here 550 euros or something I would replace my screen
    01-12-12 07:44 AM
    Thats gotta hurt !,sorry for your lost,good to know it still working
    01-12-12 07:48 AM
    Gives ya a sick feeling when something like this happens! Like the others have said, I'd replace the screen. Granted, it's 90 Euros (I was in Germany when they switched from the Deutsche Mark to the Euro), but it'll be like new again. Then you can touch it more.
    01-12-12 07:51 AM
    being busy on the balcony with some big plates, The wind catches me and i lost my weight. Like in a slapstick movie i feld backwards over some stuff wat was just standing there. My bold 9900 dropped out of my pocket and was balancing over the edge. After the seconde i was thinking how lucky i am, The phone dropped down for 3 levels. This is the result.

Click to view quoted image

well, it's still working and the touchscreen is still acting normal. but hey its not that sexy anymore.. What to do?
    Just smile...it still looks nicer than an iPhone.
    01-12-12 08:19 AM
  14. T
    And I'm curious ... What were you doing on the balcony? You say the wind caught you. You're lucky the wind didn't take you over the edge. The reason I say this is because I've heard of it happening. A guy was working on a steel structure of a building under construction. The windows were not installed yet. He was carrying a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood and a gust of wind caught him. Out the window opening he went!
    01-12-12 08:45 AM
    You are sure lucky.
    3 Levels and only screen broken.
    Coincident I guess.
    01-12-12 09:00 AM
    Oh geez. Now I'm gonna be paranoid about dropping my 9930. Dang it.
    Maybe if I strap it to me hand it will be safe. No you can't shake my hand, can't you see I'm protecting my phone??
    01-12-12 10:13 AM
    90 Euros for a new Bold? Go get it son. Cheap.
    01-12-12 02:35 PM
    omg, that pic just makes my stomach hurt! i've already ordered an otterbox defender, but after seeing that pic i've got duct tape projects running through my mind...ugh!
    01-12-12 03:14 PM
    90 Euros for a new Bold? Go get it son. Cheap.
    That's for the screen.....not the entire device.
    01-12-12 03:17 PM
    That's for the screen.....not the entire device.
    But still if they replace the screen, I think your warranty will not be voided compared to you doing at home and in the process voiding the warranty. I may be wrong on this....
    01-12-12 04:22 PM
    If that is the fact. I just lost my warranty. But the phone looks new again. And everything is working fine. Did i take a risk? Didn't know about the warranty and the guy who fixed this didn't say anything about it. 90 euro's for a new screen sounds a lot to me, but it was the cheapest one out there.
    01-12-12 06:06 PM
  22. T
    I doubt anything with a screen cracked that badly would be covered by a warranty anyway. So, the new screen is a good thing, warranty gone or not. I'd leave it alone, use, and enjoy it. Don't go prying it apart, lol.
    Last edited by Tnis; 01-12-12 at 06:31 PM.
    01-12-12 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD