09-22-11 10:37 AM
37 12
tools
    I have now had my Sprint 9930 up an running since yesterday morning. I let it get a full charge while I had it syncing with my computer yesterday morning and while I was setting up e-mail, BBM, downloading some apps, etc. I unplugged it with a full charge at approximately 11:15 am. I haven't done any heavy usage, but just general web browsing, some pics, BBM, a few phone calls (approx. 30 min-1 hour total), text, twitter/Facebook notifications coming in. As of right now, I have 40% battery life. So, I am not having many problems out of my battery life. I agree with everyone else that it is more than likely the TeleNav killing your battery life because with all of my previous phones the navigation killed them as well.
    After I posted this yesterday before leaving work, I went home and did some more heavy usage on my phone, just to see its effect on my battery. I turned on wifi, browsed for a while, left the wifi on, downloaded an app, texted, played some brickbreaker, browsed over 3G network, and as of this morning, my battery that was at 40% yesterday has only dropped to 15%. I am running version .241. I had my wifi on for approximately 4 hours last night and I was also roaming at some points.
    08-31-11 07:00 AM
    After I posted this yesterday before leaving work, I went home and did some more heavy usage on my phone, just to see its effect on my battery. I turned on wifi, browsed for a while, left the wifi on, downloaded an app, texted, played some brickbreaker, browsed over 3G network, and as of this morning, my battery that was at 40% yesterday has only dropped to 15%. I am running version .241. I had my wifi on for approximately 4 hours last night and I was also roaming at some points.
    you are one of the lucky ones with good set of batteries.
    08-31-11 07:19 AM
    you are one of the lucky ones with good set of batteries.
    I guess I will count my lucky stars for that. I should have some luck after the shipping fiasco that I went through. Ordered mine the day of release from Sprint, was shipped next day and scheduled for delivery the following then UPS misorted my phone and instead of coming to me in Ohio, it got shipped to Maryland, causing a 2-day delay of shipment. But my problem was that I was leaving town and ended up having to wait 8 days just to get my new phone, but all is good now.
    08-31-11 07:39 AM
    Upgrade the os to 353. If that does not help change out the battery. If that does not work do an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    New battery, same results. Upgraded to .353 and it made all the difference. Very heavy usage, still went to bed after about 18 hours with 20% left. Thanks!
    Last edited by digisats; 09-05-11 at 08:26 AM.
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    09-05-11 08:17 AM
    You are either letting multiple apps run in the background, using nav A LOT, playing music and recording video all at the same time.
    This describes how I would run my 9700: Ran Iheart Radio on the morning commute, PodTrapper in the afternoon (and in the background downloading webcasts all day), fb always in the background, check email throughout the day (more reading than composing) and until recently had no problem getting through the day on a charge. My 9930 doesn't come close to this, it shows 20-30% charge remaining by 10:30 AM.

I do lots on my 9930 all day and still have plenty of charge by bedtime.

What is meant by this if not the aforementioned?

Your post gives me hope that I can get close to battery performance of my 9700 which I'm having some remorse about replacing unless I can get this resolved.
    09-05-11 09:52 PM
    New battery, same results. Upgraded to .353 and it made all the difference. Very heavy usage, still went to bed after about 18 hours with 20% left. Thanks!
    Thanx for posting your positive result. I will try the update since it worked for you and have the same model/carrier scenario as me.
    09-05-11 10:04 PM
    there an official .353 now.
    09-07-11 08:17 AM
    there an official .353 now.
    Are you saying that there is an official .353 update or is that a question?
    09-07-11 08:24 AM
    Are you saying that there is an official .353 update or is that a question?
    yes there is................
    09-07-11 08:29 AM
    From what carrier besides SK?
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 09-07-11 at 08:32 AM.
    09-07-11 08:30 AM
    Not sure what caused my battery life issues, but it was horrible (approximately 8 hours with very light use). I was used to my 8900 which could last 1 1/2 days between charges. In any event, I took the unit back to Tmobile. They gave me a new unit and it's lasted me over 24 hours, already on one occasion, with light use, and now routinely lasts me all day with medium use with 40% remaining before I throw it on the charger at night. There just may be that big of a discrepancy in quality control. For those interested, my new phone has bundle 1315 and .250. Battery was made in Japan and further processed in Mexico. Same battery manufacturing as my defective unit. Which prompted me to think I'd have the same issues, but I've been pleasantly surprised.
    09-08-11 08:41 PM
    Anybody having terrible battery life with their Sprint bold? My business partner and I each just upgraded from the 9630 and 9650. Taken off the charger at 7 am, some calls, emails and maybe a couple of Telenav routes (Realtors) and we are almost dead by 9 am! We have let the battery drain all the way out on both 4-5 times already. Running .241 and without any external battery chargers available this is definitely ruining our day. Any suggestions?
    I have a sprint bold, dont live in a big city, use my phone ALL day long sending millions of bbms, emails, texts, calls, watching vidoes at work, facebooking, playing games, listenin to music both using media player and streaming music using tunein radio, visiting multiple websites and with all that, my phone lats from 6am to 2pm (8hrs). so something is DEFINITELY wrong with the battery on your individual phone.
    09-22-11 10:37 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD