Anybody having terrible battery life with their Sprint bold? My business partner and I each just upgraded from the 9630 and 9650. Taken off the charger at 7 am, some calls, emails and maybe a couple of Telenav routes (Realtors) and we are almost dead by 9 am! We have let the battery drain all the way out on both 4-5 times already. Running .241 and without any external battery chargers available this is definitely ruining our day. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by digisats; 08-29-11 at 09:54 PM.
    08-29-11 09:45 PM
    Upgrade the os to 353. If that does not help change out the battery. If that does not work do an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 09:47 PM
    I am on Verizon and my battery life is good. Are you in a good area for signal? I know my Droid incredible 2 was always looking for signal and it wore the battery down.

08-29-11 10:02 PM
    I am on Verizon and my battery life is good. Are you in a good area for signal? I know my Droid incredible 2 was always looking for signal and it wore the battery down.
    In the middle of the city with fulls bars...Gucci- Gonna give .353 a shot. Hopefully it works.

Also we each have 4 emails set up, does that have any effect at all?
    08-29-11 10:09 PM
    The number of email accounts set up don't matter at all. I'm having the same problem with mine. I think some of the batches came with bad batteries than others.

08-29-11 10:22 PM
    After I started closing apps after using them instead of letting them run in the background I got to the point where the phone easily makes it through an entire day with 30% or so left at 9PM. Works for me. My HP veer never made it through a whole day with the same usage pattern.
    08-29-11 10:27 PM
    You are either letting multiple apps run in the background, using nav A LOT, playing music and recording video all at the same time. Also, constantly trying to locate a signal. OR, you have a bum battery. I do lots on my 9930 all day and still have plenty of charge by bedtime. My 8530 would be out by noon, though it was a two year old battery!

08-29-11 11:00 PM
    You are either letting multiple apps run in the background, using nav A LOT, playing music and recording video all at the same time. Also, constantly trying to locate a signal. OR, you have a bum battery. I do lots on my 9930 all day and still have plenty of charge by bedtime. My 8530 would be out by noon, though it was a two year old battery!

Man I'm tired of hearing this running multiple apps in the background BS. I'm a tech savvy person and I keep my devices uptodate and memory free. I never listen to music or record video on the phone nor I use the GPS as I have one in my car. I also live in the city so I always have good signal.

With all these things in check and minimum usage, its still dies by 6pm.

08-29-11 11:15 PM
    Then I have no idea what to tell you. Is the BB in the heat all day? That's the only other thing I can think of.

08-29-11 11:18 PM
    Man I'm tired of hearing this running multiple apps in the background BS. I'm a tech savvy person and I keep my devices uptodate and memory free. I never listen to music or record video on the phone nor I use the GPS as I have one in my car. I also live in the city so I always have good signal.

With all these things in check and minimum usage, its still dies by 6pm.

That highlighted statement is very false.

I personally am tired of seeing so many new threads opened up on the same subject really. Take some time to read through the forums, especially if you are new is my suggestion.

Either way, look at all the other threads that have been opened up on this subject. The threads are numerous, the suggestions are all similar so I will not continue beating this horse as it lays dead at my feet. I suggest you do the same.
    08-29-11 11:22 PM
    Anybody having terrible battery life with their Sprint bold? My business partner and I each just upgraded from the 9630 and 9650. Taken off the charger at 7 am, some calls, emails and maybe a couple of Telenav routes (Realtors) and we are almost dead by 9 am! We have let the battery drain all the way out on both 4-5 times already. Running .241 and without any external battery chargers available this is definitely ruining our day. Any suggestions?
    Dead by 9 am is a little extreme....your answer is telnav...when I use that program my phone is always plugged into the car charger. Aside from that yes the battery life is bad. Mine fluctuates from lasting 5 hrs to lasting 10 hrs but never beyond that. I mostly bbm lightly throughout the work day and receive a bunch of emails.

I've also noticed that when I'm just logged into foursquare my battery life diminishes much faster.

I also recommend the leaked update as I will try it myself based on everyone elses responses.
    08-29-11 11:53 PM
    That highlighted statement is very false.

I personally am tired of seeing so many new threads opened up on the same subject really. Take some time to read through the forums, especially if you are new is my suggestion.

Either way, look at all the other threads that have been opened up on this subject. The threads are numerous, the suggestions are all similar so I will not continue beating this horse as it lays dead at my feet. I suggest you do the same.
    You're right! And I would like to take it back. I do see poor reception driving on the highway and that's something I've been experiencing from the 97xx's. But I was getting decent batt life from them so that shouldn't be the case with the "best Bold ever"

08-30-11 10:26 AM
    Usage also makes the battery life fluctuate more than previous models, because od the new Hardware. W/O touching the phone I can have it on for two days, but with regular use, just one.
    This was not that ovbious with my 9780.

08-30-11 10:35 AM
    I would not recommend using Telenav without a car charger.
    08-30-11 10:42 AM
    Woke up this morning and without touching my phone, 2 hours off the charger - halfway dead. Went ahead and stopped at the Sprint store and they gave me a new battery. Hopefully it works. Thanks everybody for your replies!
    08-30-11 12:30 PM
    Sprint 9930 here and I get great battery life. From time it is taken off the charger at about 7 till about 10 or 11 at night with some juice to spare. I average about 2 to 4 hours of actual use a day. It is even better than my 9650 was with a bigger battery. I would ask for a new battery.

08-30-11 12:54 PM
    I have now had my Sprint 9930 up an running since yesterday morning. I let it get a full charge while I had it syncing with my computer yesterday morning and while I was setting up e-mail, BBM, downloading some apps, etc. I unplugged it with a full charge at approximately 11:15 am. I haven't done any heavy usage, but just general web browsing, some pics, BBM, a few phone calls (approx. 30 min-1 hour total), text, twitter/Facebook notifications coming in. As of right now, I have 40% battery life. So, I am not having many problems out of my battery life. I agree with everyone else that it is more than likely the TeleNav killing your battery life because with all of my previous phones the navigation killed them as well.
    08-30-11 02:35 PM
    mine barely lasts 6hrs!!!
    08-30-11 03:39 PM
    How do I update my OS? is there a RIM official release or is it a leak?
    08-30-11 03:42 PM
    How do I update my OS? is there a RIM official release or is it a leak?
    Try here. The upgrade to .353 definitely helped my battery life.....seems to have almost doubled it. Also, fix a few other small annoying issues that I had noticed.

Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-642441/
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    08-30-11 03:48 PM
    I dropped almost 10 % with the phone in stand by for three hours with my 9900 on Rogers. Not sure if that is normal? Mind you my 9780 wasn't spectacular either.
    08-30-11 04:03 PM
    9930 in verizon - took off the charger 12 hours ago - i send / receive between 20-30 emails a day with some surfing and phone calls. As of this exact minute I have 60% left.
    08-30-11 04:09 PM
    *I have all my facebook and twitter refresh set to "Never"

*I don't have any groups on BBM (I have one but not active at all)

*Backlight Brightness to 50 and Backlight Timeout to 20 sec.

*LED for everything is disabled

My battery has been great with these settings and I don't really have a lot of apps running in the background.
    08-30-11 04:12 PM
    My 9930 has not lasted me a whole day yet. I was sitting in the red at 5 pm, and took my phone off the charger at 8 am. Which bothers me...and I'm sure that this battery is the culprit. It over heats, and drops charge very quickly.

I'm hoping to find a Sprint store so I can exchange my battery.

08-30-11 04:37 PM
    16 hours since I took mine off charge - light use today - a few BBMs and e-mails and some browsing but still 65% left. Yesterday quite a lot of use but still had 40% left after an 18 hour day.
    Not quite as good as my 9780 but realistically nothing to complain about.
    08-30-11 04:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD